Ice fish tomorrow

Ballzdeep

Anyone catching jumbo perch? And where should I go to rent the hut?

We were out today there was 6" of good ice we were on and the wind was howling but it was nice in the clam with the heater buddy going ! Got about 20 no real keeper all fish were 6-7 1/2 " , had a 5ish pound pike swipe my jig then just hung out at the hole for an hour would just go from my jig to my brother-in-law's jig we tried everything we had but it would just come in and look at it , special THANKS goes out to Granger's for finding my lunch bag that had other stuff in it as well , came over and to us , asked if we lost one and we said yes he then told us he found it and dropped in at shore building , AGAIN THANKS GUYS AT GRANGER"S (y) We are going to giver a try tomorrow again !!..................apps

Last edited:
I was out today on about 9-10" of ice caught 28 fish. 20 of them were between 10-12" I was only out about 3 hours. Could have had a lot more but they weren't bitin to hard!! I always get my minnows from grangers and they always seem busy and have lots of story's of catching a pile of fish!! Might want to give them a shot.

Grangers baby those guys are great broke my quad last year and they pulled me off the ice !!!!!!!!!!! Lots of minnows great guys ;)

We are going out with Jimmy Riggin on Friday, hope the fish are under his huts!! I'll be sure to post results.
On another note.......@ apps , I know where you work, but my question is this.....with all the fishing you are doing these days, are you ever there? :p

I was out for a couple of hours this afternoon, right in the middle of the pack. Didn't see or catch a thing. Just had a couple of small minnow stealers at 4:00. I talked to a few guys who had been out all day and they generally had about 20 or so keepers. TC

What would be the other " stuff " @apps? Legal stuff of course.

Now @WhatsthePoint you know I would keep the not legal stuff in my front pocket :whistle: Lmao !!.... no other stuff was lunch, thermo full of hot choco , GPS, Portable marine radio and about $100 worth of CD's in the front pouch , glad to get it back and the chocolate was still warm for the ride home !!!.................apps

We are going out with Jimmy Riggin on Friday, hope the fish are under his huts!! I'll be sure to post results.
On another note.......@ apps , I know where you work, but my question is this.....with all the fishing you are doing these days, are you ever there? :p

Bogz ..........I work Sat. 14 hours , Sun.14 hours and Mon 12 hours for total of 40 hours a week , I've been doing it there for 12 years now , I call it my semi retirement deal ............lol , good luck Friday I'm just leaving now to get another shot at the yellow bellied buggers:) :sneaky::)..............apps

Great math! Can I work for your employer 14, 14, and 12, is 30 hrs.

Really ?????? If you think 14+14+12=30 than you my friend might have just worked 10 hours for free !!! , I'm just kidding around by the way !!!

Last edited:
Really ?????? If you think 14+14+12=30 than you my friend might have just worked 10 hours for free !!! , I'm just kidding around by the way !!!

You guys are going to scare the poor guy away. I had many guys and gals do that kind of math. Because if I could get 30 hours out of them in 40 I was doing my job. Maybe he's smoking that stuff that wasn't in your front pocket @apps.

Come back Tom come back. You've only posted 7 times and these guys are picking on you, that means they like you.

@stomp I don't know about this site but that site down the road that has over 50,000 members called OFC the admins are paid based on the numbers of members the advertisers get. Don't scare them away, that light at the other end of the tunnel may be a good light. I know paid, what's paid?

No offense intended @tom! Sorry. Lots about the Ontario math curriculum in the news right now and I guess I couldn't let that minor miscalculation go by without opening my big mouth.

50,000 members eh @WhatsthePoint? May have to check that site out and copy it!

I'll take this site over that one any day Sir Stomp. Threads get locked down there more than a bank vault.

Back