Ice conditions

dudelta

I haven't been since it went to self-serve so I was just wondering what the ice conditions are like? Is the Howey ramp and inner marsh frozen? Has anyone been to any of the walk-out blinds recently, what's the ice like at those blinds? Thanks.

Can anyone give an update on the ice conditions at the Unit? Boat Ramps and Coletta? Much appreciated.

I haven't been down to the unit but I know the Bay has ice formed on it. I imagine the marshes are frozen.

Yo jeweller; The inner bay formed quite a lot of ice yesterday and the ponds at Turkey Point Marsh were frozen. The ice on the bay mostly melted yesterday. This morning ice has formed all over. Can't really see over by Big Creek very well but it looks ice there too. There was a small opening in the ice in front of Booth's kept open by a hand full of ducks, when they left at sunrise, it froze over in minutes as the temp was -14C. Windfinder has the temp rising to Zero over night and above Zero until Sunday night at the Lighthouse. The forecast from Env. Can. has it colder at Delhi this PM. It's a good time to watch the Eagles around the openings. Maybe get over to Hastings today.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks