I need pike and bass derby dates

Hi this is the first time I have posted on here but I have a very important question. We are filling out our vacation picks for the year and first and foremost I want derby days off. Can anyone tell me the dates of the May Pike derby and the June Bass derby. We have a boat again after 3 years without and I'm ready to get going again. Thanks

julier

Mumph

There are two pike tournies in May.There's one the first Sat. and the LPBAA's is the second Sat.The June bass derby is on opener the 4th Sat. in June.

Thanks so much. I had found the Bass derby but was still struggling to find anything on the Pike derbies. It is a pain having to figure out vacations almost a year in advance. Is there a site where these dates are posted.

julier

Hey guys,
I agree with those dates to the best of my knowledge.

Quick question are these derbies Inner Bay only? Do they inlclude Bluffs? I assume the majority of the monster pike will be caught there? Correct me if I am wrong.

Chad

They are Long Point Bay Pike Tournaments - so from the Lighthouse to Nanticoke (Same for the Bass Derby). The tournament dates are correct, or at least coincide with the last 3 years dates. One is out of Port Rowan (1st weekend of May I think) and the other is out of Marina Shores (2nd weekend I think). Saturday is the day and Sunday is the rain date for both.
As for where the monsters are hiding...? I've heard of winners coming from everywhere except where I was each of those years!
MUCK

Mumph

Yes,all derbys include inner and outer bays.I believe the boundaries are from the tip of Long Point to the tip of Nanticoke shoal (or around that area).

Red Hering

julier,Welcome to the Board.First of all,How did you ever survive without a boat for 3 years?It must of been Hell! LOL;)Here is a website.www.straitlineanglers.com Then click under Events,then under Club Run Events,scroll down to Long Point Pike Tournament,and click on for more Information.This should give you a start on how their Derby is laid out from the last few year`s.I just recieved my Winter 2010 BayWatch from the Long Point Bay Anglers`that I am a member of,but there are no dates yet,for the LPBAA`s Pike Tournament,but I think the post from Mumph might be right,regarding the Pike Derby date,being usually on the 2nd Saturday in May,this year`s date was on May 8th 2010.Once I receive more Information,I will post it.I hope this Helps for now.

RED FISH

Jimmy Riggin

The straight line Pike tourney is on May 7 this is out of Port Rowan.
The LPBA pike tourney is on may 14 this is out of the Sandboy.
and this year there is going to be a spring Perch Derby on April 30 held by Rotten Ronnie's.

Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters
www.jimmyriggin.com
[email protected]

Red Hering

Thank-You Jimmy Riggin,it is also good to see a Spring Perch Derby happening on April 30,2011,being run by Rotten Ronnie`s.;)I will see you at the Rotten Ronnie`s Ice Fishing Perh Derby on Saturday Feb.19th,2011.Weather/Ice permitting.Keep Up The Good Work! Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year,To you & your Family.8D

RED FISH