Hunting Boundries

Jwalsh

I did a google search on the boundaries for hunting/no hunting in the bay and cannot find anything yet. I am just curious about where you can boat hunt along the north shore of inner and outer bay.

Example: Are you allowed to hunt directly in front of St. Williams or Port Rowan?
What about the turkey point beach or port dover beach?

Not saying I plan on hunting these places, but I am just curious.

Thanks,

You can hunt north of Big Creek all along the north shore, you can be no farther than 300 meters from land or prominent weeds. There is a limitation in front of Port Rowan but I do not know the exact distance.

There is also private property around Bait Island.

I am not sure where you find this info on line so this is from memory, if I am off a bit I apologize.

BD

Jwalsh...further to Big Dave's information there is no limit on distance from shore from the Turkey Point Marina east. Normally the private clubs like the Turkey Point Company will have their property staked inside the Inner Bay and you are expected to honour their markings.

Except in the area from the mouth of Dedrick Creek to the cemetary is part of Smith Marsh....Is usually signed.

I hear you can hunt the beach at Turkey Pt. I don't imagine the duck hunting would be great but they shoot geese there early season.

BD

Hello Jwalsh,

I just want to clarify something that Big Dave has stated within his first post ... you can be no farther than 300 meters from land or emergent vegetation ... a surface or subsurface weed bed does not qualify.

Jerome

PS My change is in red.

what about port dover to Nanticoke can you hunt their and do you need to be any dist from shore thank you

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks