Off Topic Hula Skirts

hvyhaul

This is the first year that I have parked the boat in the water for the season. I have become increasingly concerned watching my boat grow more and more things week by week. Those of you who do this year after year what do you do to remove this :poop:?

The boat is a Lund, so it is aluminum. I hope there is a product(s) and a process(es) that can restore its appearance without damaging the boat.

Thanks in advance.

I left my old boat in for 2 seasons, the damage was significant. My new boat only stays in for a week at best and even then it’s a challenge to get the stain line off. Professional cleaning is okay, but it will never be like it was.
Sorry for the bad news.

I have used the Spray Nine cleaner @hvyhaul and it is very good for getting the stain from Catfish Creek off of it. Like @Quacker_Smacker I don't leave my boat in the water either so not sure if it will get your stain off but certainly worth a shot. :)

I previously had my Lund power "acid" washed by the marina, but the acid started to etch my trailer. Even after numerous washes with the garden hose and a mixture of baking soda to neutralize the acid I stopped using the marina and bought my own 3000psi power washer ( no acid). It takes some time and of course water, but I'm getting the same result of removal as the marina with a substantially less cost. My boat is in the water for the whole season ( ease of access). I will try the spray 9 at the seasons' end and report back as to its' effect and see if it shortens the time involved.

I wasn't really liking what I was reading at first but I need a new pressure washer and have no problem tackling it myself if it can be done at home successfully.

The gentleman who owned my boat previously parked it in a boat house and suspended it above the water in slings when he wasn't using it.

I'll bet he would be horrified to see the hull right now as it sure bothers me. :oops::)

Thanks for everyone's input.

I used a product called Slime Be Gone. I think that's what it was called.

It's a granular crystal that dissolves in hot water. Spray it on and then power wash it off.

I friend gave it to me, and I think he said he got it at Proctors.

The bottle I have is old, so not sure if they still make it.

I just went and looked, and it's made by Natural Marine. It does have a Canadian flag on the plastic bottle.

Hope this helps

3M makes high quailty marine products for both aluminum and fibreglass boats

1568117466374.png
1568116209057.png

I suggest when you decide to take out your boat...take it right to the car wash before it drys...use high pressure soap and rinse and you will remove most of it...you will most likely need an alunimum hull cleaner/stain remover for the water line on the hull and on the engine...

I myself have docked season after season with my fibreglass boat and my bottom hull & gelcoat is still like new..
yes lots of maintenance done by me the boat owner...

Last edited:
This is the first year that I have parked the boat in the water for the season. I have become increasingly concerned watching my boat grow more and more things week by week. Those of you who do this year after year what do you do to remove this :poop:?

The boat is a Lund, so it is aluminum. I hope there is a product(s) and a process(es) that can restore its appearance without damaging the boat.

Thanks in advance.
I used this on my last boat with fibreglass hull. It’s works amazingly well. Spray on let soak a few minutes and wash off. I don’t see anywhere that you can’t use it on aluminum

I found it to be cheapest at Walmart

Attachments

• 7506BC64-3E8E-4B5F-A7FC-DEFD9BD07959.png
    7506BC64-3E8E-4B5F-A7FC-DEFD9BD07959.png
    440.4 KB · Views: 28
Back