HOW'S THE ICE

JASON83

JUST WONDERING ANYONE HAS BEEN OUT SINCE THE RAIN AND HOW MUCH WATER ON THE ICE WAS THINKING OLD CUT THIS WEEKEND

I don't have Facebook Old Cut, I don't think I'm the only one not on Facebook. Would you be kind enough to post the conditions here.

Ice Conditions @oldcutmarina as of February 21st, 2014. Ice Thickness @ 1 mile 12" +. Ice Thickness @ 2 miles 16" +. The Ice remains in good condition. The Bay is now water covered with slushy patches. Use extreme caution around Old Ice Hut locations as the Ice will be weak. A Pressure Crack exists between Old Cut and EC-10, use Caution when crossing. Conditions on the Ice will improve as temperatures begin to fall over the next few days. Current weather models show favorable conditions for the later part of this weekend and into next week.

Just click on the link provided in their reply. Then click on web cam.

Yes that will give me the webcam and I can see the road condition but not the ice, there isn't any link from the webcams page here. The report isn't specifically for me it's for everyone. Old Cut has provided it here for all to see and that is great. I thank you for the help.

Hey, I see your new posting here. Start a thread to introduce yourself, welcome. I like the handle, @liv2fishnhunt. I don't know why we put the @ before the name, I do because @stomp told me to. Just kidding, I do know why, maybe.

Hey WTP, I don't think you need an account to look at facebook business pages. Try clicking on the link below my post and let me know. You just won't receive notices in your email when I update the page.

I'm not a Face book person also. Old fashion I guess:D
Thanks for posting Old Cut.
I think this mild weather and rain will only make the ice better after she gets cold again.

Thanks for the report I don't use face book neither any one got anything out of st willys??

Yes Old Cut Marina opening your blue Facebook address does bring me to your Facebook page. I'm no longer a Facebook virgin. Hopefully old high school girlfriends with 43 year old offspring can't look me up now, can they? Especially the one that moved to South Africa in the middle of the semester. Always wondered why her family didn't move there as well. Funny she only was in South Africa for 9 months.

Ice Conditions @oldcutmarina as of February 24th, 2014. Ice Thickness @ 1 mile 12" +. Ice Thickness @ 2 miles 16" +. The Ice remains in good condition. The Bay has very limited snow cover and Ice Cleats are highly advised. Use extreme caution around Old Ice Hut locations as the Ice will be weak. Fissure cracks and small holes are prevalent as a result from the heavy rain last week. A Pressure Crack exists between Old Cut and EC-10, use Caution when crossing. Conditions on the Ice have improved with the Cold Temps now in place. Current weather models show favorable conditions for this week and beyond.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks