How to Post Pictures

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
No problem John I'll help you out! I use photobucket. Get the picture from your phone or camera onto your computer and then upload it to photobucket. If you've never used photobucket you'll have to create an account. Once its uploaded on photobucket click on the photo and it will enlarge and there will be four share links on the side (email & IM, direct, HTML, IMG). If you click IMG it will flash yellow and say copied. Go back to your thread you've created on Stomp's choose your spot where you want the pic to show up in your thread, right click and paste. There will be a long line of funny lettering but that's your pic. If you preview your thread you'll see the picture. Hope this helps John!

I have seen a couple of questions about how best to post pictures. Pictures coming right from your iPhone are too large to be uploaded directly to Channel 6-8. See Photobucket instructions from @spilliard1 above. That's usually how I post the pictures of the very few fish I catch.

Last edited:
With the move to a new server in August, the server host on which Channel 6-8 resides now allows for the use of much more disk storage and at 1/2 the cost. At that time, I bumped the max upload file size to 5MB to allow more people to directly upload their photos to Channel 6-8 from their phones. The feedback from users since has been that 5MB may not be enough and that using Photobucket or some other photo-sharing solution can be a PITA. On my relatively new Galaxy S7, the default photo size is 12MB. So, after researching the difference between a cisco and a gizzard shad, I did some more poking into the Xenforo Forum software features. I found settings where I can allow bigger photos to be uploaded but, during the upload process, they can be automatically resized based on a dimension setting. I've uploaded a couple of samples in the "testing forum" and the resized photos look good to me. If you had given up on uploading photos due to the hassle, please try again now and let me know if it is more hassle-free. I think most would agree that photos dramatically improve fishing reports. Next, I really have to work on putting more fish in my fishing reports.:cry:;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks