how the ice and fishing

live to fish

Hey all just wondering how the ice and fishing are down at St. Williams hoping to go tomorrow and just wanted to see how it is.

I just got in from St.Williams, I walked out to the closest group of huts out to the slight left of the pier and fished from about noon until 3, and I got 4 small perch jigging minnows. Was about 5-6feet of water and id guess 8 in of ice.

I went to Grangers today and took my son and we caught 75 perch small ones and 10 good size ones and also caught a 6.5 lb pike all on a minnow with no weight on the line . We went throught 2 buckets of minnows today and all in all had a great day

I was out today with a group from work in my little hut. We managed to catch 25 or so perch. East of St Willies and not very far out. The ice measured 11" at our location.

Had a nice pike on and saw two catfish taking a sniff at the minnows.

The water was a little murky but you could make out the bottom. Travel out there is as good as it gets. Flat with enough packed snow to get a little traction using a four wheeler to tow the hut.

One of the guys brought along a "Markum" underwater fish camera. That was awsome, watching the perch swim in from the murky distance and nail the bait. i,ve gotta get one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks