How many here use a Fish Hawk X4 or X4D on Lake Erie?

I don't know anything about this unit but is this just giving you SOG {speed over ground} or is the info different?

Your GPS /Graph gives you that, the FH gives you speed relative to the water you are in. If there is a current in the depth you are fishing the speed will be different than the surface speed displayed.

Speed is calculated by the paddle wheels not by locating.

The variables are direction and speed of the current.

Yesterday because of the past winds, where I fished, there was next to no temperature difference and very small currents.

A week ago the difference was huge and required a lot of throttle changes to adjust for them.

Your GPS /Graph gives you that, the FH gives you speed relative to the water you are in. If there is a current in the depth you are fishing the speed will be different than the surface speed displayed.

Speed is calculated by the paddle wheels not by locating.

The variables are direction and speed of the current.

Yesterday because of the past winds, where I fished, there was next to no temperature difference and very small currents.

A week ago the difference was huge and required a lot of throttle changes to adjust for them.

Thanks a bunch , now I get it

Once set up, I never look at the Simrad for speed. With wind/waves etc, what it says is my speed doesn't matter to me.

The boat is in water, not on a hard surface.

I use it for tracks and what's down below.

FH is the only thing I rely on for speed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks