How High's the Water Moma!!!

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My sister-in-law who has a trailer at Marina Shores in Long Point told me this after returning home this morning. The water is so high in the bay it's almost on the causeway, most are unable to get their boats into the boat house and the beach on the lake side has almost vanished.

The upside is maybe we can soon launch our boats right from the road to fish off Hastings? o_O(y) :smuggrin:

Last edited:
I fished the bay yesterday and flipped the west shore for largemouth, boats can still get into boat houses and water is nowhere close to the causeway. It's high but not that high...lol

well we did get a load of rain last evening so it could have come up a lot last night ,,dutch

well we did get a load of rain last evening so it could have come up a lot last night ,,dutch
Yeah I stand corrected @Bandwagon. My sister-in-law is very emotional and tends to overstate things on occasion. Apparently the water was right over the gas pump docks at Marina Shores almost onto the roadway inside Marina Shores not the causeway. The water in the boathouses were extremely high making it impossible for some to get their boats out. Her son says the water has gone down some since last night and the disappearing beach was at a friend's cottage on Hastings Drive. Woah! glad I got that sorted out. LOL! :D

Yeah I stand corrected @Bandwagon. My sister-in-law is very emotional and tends to overstate things on occasion. Apparently the water was right over the gas pump docks at Marina Shores almost onto the roadway inside Marina Shores not the causeway. The water in the boathouses were extremely high making it impossible for some to get their boats out. Her son says the water has gone down some since last night and the disappearing beach was at a friend's cottage on Hastings Drive. Woah! glad I got that sorted out. LOL! :D

thanks for the update:D

Last trip up to the cottage I was able to launch my boat into the lake without the truck tires getting wet. Never before had our lot had three feet of water that close to shore. I do believe it was the winds and storm a couple weeks ago that pulled all the sand out. The double sand bars were gone and I was walking on clay in the lake, all firsts for me.

Back