hoovers weather

erie feeln

can someone keep us posted on hoovers weather hopefully sunday we can get out thanks (n)

I'll let you know in the AM. If I were you I would plan for something other than going out. When Environment Canada Marine reports have a warning on we should heed it. I am not going out this weekend no matter how much I want to. Monday looks like a golf game is in order.

Glad I got out early today ;) the fishing was good (report later)!

If you look at what they predicted yesterday:

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 7.32.25 PM.png

What happened today:

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 7.35.39 PM.png
What is predicted tomorrow:

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 7.36.24 PM.png
I would get up to hit the water at 6am, fish until 10 or 11am. Come home with a full cooler. Today the waves were up at 6am but dropped... then started to build again closer to 11am. I got off at 11am with a full cooler.

Of course what boat you have and your body's limited ability to rock around the boat without long term injury should be considered.

Don't wait for whatsthepoints report or you will still b waiting when it's froze over! Sorry but the whole stay home or cut grass or golf day or pool day is getting old!! Sorry man I get it your cautious but holy crap man!! I totally agree get up first thing I'm morning and hit the water. If your worried stay close so getting off isn't a big issue. Sure beats the shit out of wishing you would of went!

What you guy,s have to understand:rolleyes:,is that John an I give you a look out our back door:geek:,to help u decide to go or not to goo_O,we give u a birds eye view of the lake from east to west,from stanley to dover or better -we r just 1 tool,to help,we dont have to,we r fishermen just trying to help fishermen,take as u will,an keep ur negitive,crap to ur self:censored:,we do not have to be here:cool:-sorry guy,s just had to vent,too much bull crap lately:rolleyes:

I would really appreciate an update of a visual off of Hoovers area for tomorrow AM. Its a big help for those of us too far away for a quick look....And agreed its just an opinion...but add that to the other info available and it all helps. (It also makes interesting reading even if you cannot get out n a specific day but wish you could!)

we realy look forward to your reports each morning as we are one hour drive from the lake ,so thank you ...I also check the weather bouys before I decide to go ,,,right now we are fishing the derby on lake Ontario Dutch

Don't wait for whatsthepoints report or you will still b waiting when it's froze over! Sorry but the whole stay home or cut grass or golf day or pool day is getting old!! Sorry man I get it your cautious but holy crap man!! I totally agree get up first thing I'm morning and hit the water. If your worried stay close so getting off isn't a big issue. Sure beats the shit out of wishing you would of went!

Some day, and I pray for you it never comes, and you have to walk into a funeral home to pay respects to a man that died on your watch and stand in front of his family you might err on the side of caution as well. Go do what you want and get your weather reports from channel 11 news. I've had enough of this guy that hasn't been here for a month.

You guys do a great job reportingfor tthose of us that have to drive to the lake. I check out the weather & buoy & your reports before iI make the final decision. If people don'twant your reports then why click on them??!!
Again thanks guys☺☺

Nope I read HORTYs weather reports every morning. Lol did not see anywhere whatsthepoints weather reports? Is that a new section?? Not really interested anyways beings we already have a real good report on up to date lake conditions

Horty and Wtp .... Some of us really appriciate what you two do on a daily basis just because you want to not because you have to..... That being said if people dont want to listen to advice from the guys who are on the lake and have been fishing erie for a long time and understand what the winds and unstable weather do to erie .... THAN DONT READ THEIR REPORTS!!!!!!!

I appreciate the front line reports. You can get all the internet weather reports you want, but a set of eyes on the water is invaluable.
As far as what you'll fish in, that's up to the individual. I know guys that won't fish in anything > a foot or so...and if you want to fish Erie on a regular basis, you'll be standing at the dock for most of the summer. Its a lot more lake than a lot of fishermen realize..until you're 8 miles out and those 2's have turned into 4's.
I was out of Erieau one day that started with a nice chop in the am, but within 30 mins built to 4' with whitecaps being blown off the top of the crests...the air was full of water. I ripped a downrigger out of the base that day coming in. A friend broke the transom on his Skeeter fishing a tourney on Erie.
Moral of the stories...fish what you're comfortable with and what your boating skills can handle.

love the eyes on the lake reports that's why I asked last night well today we decided to have a r an r day poolside thanks for the reports having a ceaser for both horty and whats the point cheers johnny

I was up and out of here before daybreak. Right now the water is fishable with 1/2 meter waves with the odd whitecap on shore. Further out I don't know.

Just got back home. A nice walleye chop out there. No whitecaps for miles. That high wind warning never materialized thank goodness. Hopefully tomorrow the weather man is wrong again.

Just got back home. A nice walleye chop out there. No whitecaps for miles. That high wind warning never materialized thank goodness. Hopefully tomorrow the weather man is wrong again.
Me to because I'll be at the game, Cats can play better and we won't get wet:eek::LOL:

Me to because I'll be at the game, Cats can play better and we won't get wet:eek::LOL:

Enjoy the game Dave. I have to get Dad out there this year. He and Mr. Martinello were season ticket holders for years. A seat in the disabled section ain't cheap today but I'm sure when he took me for my 10th birthday in 64' it wasn't exactly free then either on a Steel workers salary. When I played a few exhibition games in 79' he took the entire family and neighborhood and I never found that out until a few years ago.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks