Hoovers Tourney on Saturday the 28th

BallEye2

Anybody fish the tourney out of Hoovers on Saturday? What was the lake like? What was the tourney like? What ended up winning if it happened?

TIA for info.
Balleye2

Postponed yesterday but it went today. No results yet. I think yesterday was less worse than today wind wise....

I didn’t fish it but went to the weigh in. Brutal conditions. East wind really kicked things up. 28 and change won. Big fish was 8.08 today. Met Tailfeathers for the first time. His team were some really nice folks. Lots of boats with one or two fish. Half the boats didn’t post a weight.

Yesterday was a much better day. They made the wrong call to punt for today but I get it as the thunderstorms were the main concern for yesterday. And they passed just north of the lake. Never easy to second guess the forecast

Elmerfudd

I didn’t fish it but went to the weigh in. Brutal conditions. East wind really kicked things up. 28 and change won. Big fish was 8.08 today. Met Tailfeathers for the first time. His team were some really nice folks. Lots of boats with one or two fish. Half the boats didn’t post a weight.

Yesterday was a much better day. They made the wrong call to punt for today but I get it as the thunderstorms were the main concern for yesterday. And they passed just north of the lake. Never easy to second guess the forecast

Elmerfudd
Thanks for the update. Was scheduled and worked yesterday so wasn't fishing. Considered going out today but the weatherman told me to stay home.......guess it was the right call. As long as everyone makes it back in.....all that matters.......catching fish just a bonus.

Was a tough go with 6-8’ swells, some electronics issues but team Tailfeathers keep plugging away !
Happy to get one for the scale. Special
Thanks to Scott and his team as well as staff at Hoover’s marine

Attachments

• B9D6812C-F7D8-41B8-98BE-F48D5230FB68.png
    B9D6812C-F7D8-41B8-98BE-F48D5230FB68.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 96
Back