Hook-Size Recommendations for Perch.

walleyeman

Hey guys- I am perch fishing on Thurs. out of Prt. Burwell. Whats the best size of hook needed for our Perch Rigs with I guess also size of minnows they are using. Thanks for any suggestions- Walleyeman.

Hey guys- I am perch fishing on Thurs. out of Prt. Burwell. Whats the best size of hook needed for our Perch Rigs with I guess also size of minnows they are using. Thanks for any suggestions- Walleyeman.

I generally use a an eagle claw or mustad hook, size #4. It's not to big, but not too small either and WHEN I can find'em, I'll get #1 sized hooks, but I never use the hooks that come with the pickeral rigs for anything other than stinger hooks. I've found they're pretty soft and will straighten or break if you hook into something big other than a perch. Sometimes if perch aren't hitting on full minnows, I'll cut it in half or in 3 depending on how big it is, and suddenly, they're hitting it. Picky lil buggers at times. Good luck, hope this helps.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks