History of Long Point

Hey guys haven't been on in a long time came on and just had to watch this and all i can say is truly amazing my hat's off to all that is involved in all this
i wish i cold say the same down my way nothing against farms but it's getting bad with all the forest being cut down just to get a few extra acres of land to farm
it should be against the law

We had the aerial spraying last week with Round-up! After a long discussion with Ted Barney,Dr Scott Petrie & BSC out @ the lighthouse in 2010, they were just waiting for the approval of eliminating phrag's! South shore took the initiative then & I truly wished they had of taken their advice! Look where we are now!

Reactions: Jay
Oh man that was a good watch; very informative with no agenda other than education.
Thanks for posting this thread!

Dan.

Dr Scott Petrie is finally coming back to Long Point (Delta Waterfowl) & is having a BBQ & presentation @ the TP rec centre! November 2/2016 5pm! Presentation is @ 7pm! Please come out & enjoy a great evening!
546 Turkey Point Road Vittoria On

Just watched for the second time. We'll put together. It should be a mandatory watch for all people living in this area

Great video - thanks for posting. the phragmites is extremely concerning. They sprayed a stand 80' from my house about a month ago and I see very little effect on the plants. . .

Give it some time! Round-Up does take abit to show results! Gone back the second time b4 & re sprayed! First dose should slow em down!!!!

WCM, what Duck Blind said. The stand spayed west of Buck Lane in the spring looked very dead by summer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks