Hastings

mflorio

How would a NE 15km/h wind (with 30km/h wind gusts) be for fishing Hastings. We plan to head out in a 12 foot inflatable with a 9.9. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Dont think I would advise going from burwell to hastings in an inflatable unless it was glass calm. If you are launching on the beach in hastings it might be manageable but know your limitations in a boat like that. Just my $0.02

I'm going to be blunt. If you have to ask that question you shouldn't be going out anywhere but a small river or small lake. I won't make that run in my 19' with a 115hp in any conditions. 18 miles, no way on that lake, too much can change too fast.

I appreciate the info. I will be launching my boat from the beach. Inflatables are extremely safe boats and my motor is strong.

Last edited:
So was the Edmond Fitzgerald. No inflatable should be on that lake with what is being forecast. It's not the vessels that are unsafe it's the people going out in high winds are unsafe. Do what you wish. But I personally would not, close to shore or not, and most here wouldn't either.

Why would someone come on here and ask advice on the wind and wave predictions if they weren't going to listen and go out regardless? People are only giving advice to help save your life. A 12' inflateable? A solid motor? A brand new motor can have malfunctions. 30k offshore gusts I think ill hit the market for fish and go home to hug my family. To each their own.

Ha-ha! 30 knot winds no problem with a strong 9.9 motor on an inflatable. :woot: :wacky:

2011060313070959721.jpg

18 miles down the shore is not that far when you figure people are running 15 to 20 out to the middle for wallys. The weather can turn up just as fast out there and you can have the same breakdowns.

I listened to the advice provided. Thanks all.

As per the comments from my posts I know why most of the members of this board only lurk as opposed to post.

read your post , think about what you have stated. stand back and look at the whole situation. 3-4 mile out with a 9.9 on any boat . then go read offshore safety forums,then dont expect anyone on this forum to waste their time saving your ass (though they will) or ruining their day having to tow you back in or put themselves in danger trying to bail you out. in my opinion every 10hp equates to a mile of water and thats being generous . maybe you have an icebreaker kayak to go with your rubber boat :banghead: and it aint VODKAOCLOCK CAUSE I DONT DRINK LOL

Back