Off Topic Has anyone shrink wrapped their own boat?

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Considering the price I was given to wrap my boat ($535) for a 22’) I am looking for alternatives.
The wrap, the tape, the strapping and accessories are all readily available and relatively inexpensive. Just the heat gun is pricey at around $1000.
Has anyone attempted this. Is the heat gun needed or would a roof torch work?

I was going to shrink wrap my own boat
But the price of the heat gun deterred me from doing this.
going to grab a temp garage when I find one on sale
A friend of mine highly suggested to do that.

I just ordered one from Cover tech they seem to have excellent quality and a great warranty. Will post pictures when it arrives. I believe they are made in Canada also. Definitely better quality then the ones at Canadian tire.

Lol that’d be great if it was 30’ long 12’ wide and had a door 11’ tall

Considering the price I was given to wrap my boat ($535) for a 22’) I am looking for alternatives.
The wrap, the tape, the strapping and accessories are all readily available and relatively inexpensive. Just the heat gun is pricey at around $1000.
Has anyone attempted this. Is the heat gun needed or would a roof torch work?
@ North Erie Marina we shrink wrap and store it for free for the winter for $12ft. If your 22ft you’d be looking at $264. Let us know if we can help you out 🙂

@ North Erie Marina we shrink wrap and store it for free for the winter for $12ft. If your 22ft you’d be looking at $264. Let us know if we can help you out 🙂

Thanks that’s a great price and I don’t even need storage. Unfortunately I’m 140km away from you. I would eat the savings up in fuel hauling it to you.

The guy is coming Sunday, Nov 1st afternoon to my house. I'll let you know my thoughts after he is done.

Boat storage option

Attachments

• D286BA55-E029-416F-B86B-7FDC0223937F.jpeg
    D286BA55-E029-416F-B86B-7FDC0223937F.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 20
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks