Has anyone gone to the deep water for Chinook on Erie?

jrr

There are Chinook on the list of fish on Erie and I have caught a lot of Coho in the past… but I was wondering if anyone regularly or once in a while goes off long point into the deepest water to target salmon?

Still getting a few every season. Last two years we had 3 in one day but had been a couple of years since we had even boated one before that. Dont target them.... not enough around for that. Keep fishing deep water and you will end up with the odd one.

Thanks… at a guess — besides there not being that many, the water temp really dictates where they are. Certainly enough bait fish around to keep them fed.

Caught a 18lb king two years ago in 35fow off of hydro in first week of July. There are kings in erie but few and far between I'm fortunate enough to say I've caught cohos and a king in erie never a pink yet or Atlantic tho

A few river/creeks on the north shore get a chinney run so maybe try fishing the north shore in aug,sept for staging fish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks