Hard water fishing

Was just wondering if there is anywhere that has ice and is catching perch or pickerallys. I live on long point bay and there is a couple inches out here, but definatly not safe. looking to get out. Any help would be appreciated.

There is some safe ice just north of Peterborough towards Kinmount, Minden, etc. Unless you know the lakes/areas it may not be worth the drive just yet. Soon though.

Large lakes are unsafe but smaller lakes have some safe ice. It has been consistently around -10C or colder at night for a few weeks so they are getting more ice forming.

Although, large lakes and current areas are definitely unsafe. If you head out tread carefully.

I'm waiting to make a trip to Quinte. I did not go at all last year and I do love that place so! Not many places in S. Ontario where you have a chance at catching a double digit walleye.

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)
Thanks to Pure Fishing, Fishing World, Bills Bait and Tackle, Athens Printing
2007, 2011 Team Ontario, Ontario BASS Federation Nation

I saw a couple of guys ice fishing a small pond near Woodstock yesterday morning.

It's too early for me down here - I'd like a couple more cold weeks before I head out on some of the ponds.

Be careful if you go.

WR

Port bolster on lake simcoe there's 5 inches out there. Got some real nice perch there on Saturday + 10 or so herring (released of course )

if you dont go you wont know ;)

Anybody going up that way could you take a few pics and post please. Ir would be really appreciated. Thanks.

@jimmybloob - oh really.....tell me more about this buddy of yours ;)....FYI your buddy hasnt caught a cold, let alone a walleye on the grand. its definitely not safe and i would not recommend venturing out.

I am only fishing a couple spots infront of my house (on 4in) just for the sake of ice fishing. the good spots are far too dangerous to get to.

if you are going out, i would highly recommend a floater suit, picks, spud bar , rope etc........ be safe!

Hey, nobody but me tells anyone on here that their fishing report isn't true! Nobody!

quote:
Originally posted by Buckster

@jimmybloob - oh really.....tell me more about this buddy of yours ;)....FYI your buddy (me) hasnt caught a cold, let alone a walleye on the grand. its definitely not safe and i would not recommend venturing out.

I am only fishing a couple spots infront of my house (on 4in) just for the sake of ice fishing. the good spots are far too dangerous to get to.

if you are going out, i would highly recommend a floater suit, picks, spud bar , rope etc........ be safe!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks