Gowganda Area

Lil Basstard

We are heading up to the Gowganda area for a couple of weeks of serious fishing. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what lakes to try. We are staying at a camp about 8 miles west of town on(Firth Lake).We will be taking our Quads also, so we can get to some of those back lakes. Thanks for any help:)

You might want to try stumpy lake it is a great walleye producer. i am from Englehart which is about 40mins east of there...

I can't give away the best spot but we always had really good luck at Duncan and Pigeon. If you want a really cool adventure try the Wapus rivver and go north as far as you can go (about 12-14 miles), there is a waterfall there and numerous limits of walleyes. And if you can find the logging road back into Shining Tree lake it is well worth it.

I have heard other people talk about Duncan Lake. If you put in at the Waupus River at the highway can you make it north to Duncan. Our better yet I think there is a camp on Duncan, so does that mean that you can drive into it? Someone else suggested Stumpy so that is on our list for sure.Will let you know how we make out.:)

Duncan and Wapus are both right on the highway. There are public launches for both lakes. Good Luck. I haven't been up there in about four years but the best fishing I have ever encountered has been up there.

I Have been fishing Elk Lake area for about 10 years now and love it.Wapus creek has a great launch area and Duncan is really good for the pics and northerns.Sunshine is really good for specs.We always stay at Long Point Lake Lodge and fish it as well always get some nice pics there also . Never been back into stumpy but heard great reports about it . Eagle is a very good producer the right time of year as well . Good Luck it is a great area

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks