Going to hit Burwell in the morning.

dyeing

The kid has been giving me grief about going out and getting and even BIGGER pickerel this week so I broke down...pretended that I was doing HIM a favor, and got the boat ready tonight. Decided to go Old School using stuff that has been passed down from MY grandfather so it should be interesting. Tomorrow is not about catching fish fast...it is about trying out stuff that has not hit the water in 40 years or more. Should be fun.
If you see and old guy in a red life jacket treading water in about the 55 foot range.....please pick me up. Since the kid is home from the army, he can now throw the old man over the side and I won't even touch the gunnels. HaHaHa!!! He is over 30 now but he will ALWAYS be "the kid" to me. ;)

The kid has been giving me grief about going out and getting and even BIGGER pickerel this week so I broke down...pretended that I was doing HIM a favor, and got the boat ready tonight. Decided to go Old School using stuff that has been passed down from MY grandfather so it should be interesting. Tomorrow is not about catching fish fast...it is about trying out stuff that has not hit the water in 40 years or more. Should be fun.
If you see and old guy in a red life jacket treading water in about the 55 foot range.....please pick me up. Since the kid is home from the army, he can now throw the old man over the side and I won't even touch the gunnels. HaHaHa!!! He is over 30 now but he will ALWAYS be "the kid" to me. ;)
Have fun use bright lures orange and bright green worked for us last night 2.5 to 2.8 mph

We mixed it up like crazy today. Erie Dearies with worms, Pingatees, AC shiners, hot pink spoons, Red Fins and a pile of spoons that have not seen the light of day for a LONG time. I have no idea what they are even called. Changed up about every half hour using downriggers, sliders and Dipsy divers. Started to get a little rough about 1:30 so we pulled up and headed in. Total was 7 for 14 including losing three at the same time. Two dipsy's and a downrigger going off within 30 seconds. That was a real S*** Storm and funny as hell. Lost all three fish before it was over and we laughed our butts off.
Will not be able to get down for at least a week or so, if you guys will have a talk with the Pickerel and have them stick around a little longer...it would be appreciated. I have only about 150 more spoons to try out. The crazy thing is that we were having so much fun...I forgot to try out the new Chamberlain releases. :banghead:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks