Fishing Report Glasgow-The fish will bite anything

Leaky

Fished out of Port Glasgow this morning and it did not take long for a couple limits. There are so many small walleye around we thought about trying a favorite SPOON.
It was in the water for about 3 min before it got wacked.

P7110308 copy.jpg

That’s awesome. We picked up a 3 man limit out of Burwell last night but had to work at it. Afternoon bite was better than evening bite. Go figure

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

When I lived in the NWT, I went to a place just outside Yellowknife where a small creek enters into Yellowknife Bay (on Great Slave Lake) out by the Giant mine site. The old guy that was there said watch this, and cast out his line that had he attached a large safety pin and a small spinner blade to, and caught a pike almost every cast..:eek:.......if I hadn't seen it....

Downriggers at 40 feet were the most productive. A thermocline has setup close to 40 feet deep in that area straight south of port.

Fished out of Port Glasgow this morning and it did not take long for a couple limits. There are so many small walleye around we thought about trying a favorite SPOON.
It was in the water for about 3 min before it got wacked.

View attachment 9647

Wow, talk about sucking the wind out of the "I just bought the perfect lure" theory, very funny. :);)

I've been searching online and can't find those new "Betty Crocker" spoons. Do you have the website? :)

What temp do the eyes favour?

I always use the Fishawk chart to see the temperature range of fish. For Walleye it shows between 50 and 76 degrees with 67 degrees being prefered. I find that the water closer to 67 degrees that holds walleye, the walleye are in more of a feeding mood. You will see lots of walleye out of prefered temp. but not feeding. I also use this GLCFS site to check both surface and bottom temps when deciding where I can find fish. For example, last year Wheatley was great for rainbow at this time, however if you look at the temps for that area this year, they do not favour Rainbow as the water temps are too high. No rainbow there. Check out these two links.

http://www.fishhawkelectronics.com/salmon-walleye-fishing/preferred-water-temperature

https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glcfs.php?lake=e&ext=swt&type=N&hr=00

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks