Full Solar Eclipse Fishing?

Shank

April 8th were having a full solar eclipse which hasn't happened since the 1970's I believe. Anyone else planning on grabbing some eclipse glasses and gonna fish the inner bay during this super rare experience?

Can't wait to get the boat out early for this event.

Thoughts?

going to be tough getting a parking spot, Long Point is almost at the centre of the eclipse with 2:30 to 3 minuets of black out. We're going to be at Bacus Page house (south of Dutton), there should be about 1:30 to 2 min of black out.

I imagine any of the roads leading to Long Point are going to be packed with people just pulling over anywhere and then the madhouse to leave when it is over.

I've heard rumours of scientists (NASA/NOAA etc., etc.) from around the world coming to Ontario to witness the event. Niagara Falls predicts one million people to show up. Good news for those renting out cottages or B&B's. If I remember right during the last event everything went eerily quiet. No doubt the wildlife thought it was night but how will it affect fishing is a good question.

I'm having an eclipse party at my house. 2 minutes and 40 seconds of totality here. Been planning it since 2018!

Was at the last one while in TN, maybe 5-6 year ago. Lots of hype but no one really showed up. Traffic was normal and hotels no more busy than usual.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks