Off Topic Fuel Issue

I'm not sure if they were Atwood bulbs.

I've purchased everything except spark plugs and hose clamps for the motors at Blue Sky Marine on their recommendation.
( Fluids, primer bulbs, parts.)

had same problem years ago turned out to be vaccume problem.it would run fine for quite a while but when powering up would have no power or stall.i had turned the air inlet on the side of the boat down on the advice from an acquaintance.it was originaly at a 45 degree to the rear.turned out doing so pinched off the hose at air intake and after running for awhile there was a vaccume in tank thus no gas flow.

Lines, clamps, and a shut off installed.

Next trip out of Burwell will let me know whether the missing clamp or a line was defective.

I'll only turn the shut off valve if the kicker stalls again.

Otherwise it's just a shiny brass box with a red knob stuck in a hose.

I use a seperate tanks for each engine. The main tank is for my main engine and I use a 3 gal for my 9.9. does two things... 1) ensures that if I have bad fuel in my main tank I still have good fuel in my kicker and gets me home safe. 2) the fuel lines are never crossed and because I use a seperate tank the kicker draws on the small tank with no issues. I have also found out through others that drawing fuel from the main tank below the floor boards a 9.9 cannot draw fuel and eventually dies... which is what your situation sound like. I would suggest the simple solution of buying a 3 gal seperate tank connect direct to 9.9... all issues go away.

Have you been out yet? Find the problem?

I got out yesterday Monday, thank you for asking.

Absolutely beautiful morning, I'll put up a fishing report with pictures later today.

I have yet to clean up, the two of us just beat the thunderstorms home and got the full cover on before all hell broke loose.

To answer your question.

Hoped all might be cured with new lines, and installing clamps on the 115 under the cowling, but the kicker sucked air into the system and eventually stalled out.

So..... Primed everything back up closed the shutoff valve on the 115 supply and the kicker purred for the rest of the day.

The problem has been solved with the shut off valve.

Thanks again all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks