From walleye fishing last friday July 5/19,to goby fishing on saturday,July 6/19

I now believe @Trevor M after catching and releasing this 33 inch pike,(June 21/19),that there are huge muskies in the long point bay area.Anglers occasionally have caught muskies over the year’s there in the area.The other side of that pike was marked like that as well!! I need to upgrade my fishing tackle the next time that I fish the reeds for pike,just in case a musky comes,”a knocking!!” lol :ROFLMAO: ??? Bring on the musky!!:whistle:???

Why would you want to upgrade your tackle. (I assume perhaps you mean a heavier rod and some bigger lures.) Takes all the fun out of it. Now that said, as I have said many times in other posts over the few years that I've been a member of this forum, having been where I've been, and being able to catch them pretty much at will within 10 minutes of my door, some that size, some smaller, many larger, and a few MUCH larger, I've been spoiled. I've caught many in 1-10lb range, several in the 10-20lb range, a few in the 20-30lb range, and my PB Pike and the biggest fish I have ever caught was just under 42lbs caught at the mouth of Mosquito Creek as it enters Great Slave Lake in the NWT back in 1986 using my 7ft medium action Berkley Power Pole with a normal sized 5 of diamonds spoon.

Living in the NWT ruined the thrill of catching pike to the point that pike to me, are boring now. IF I catch one, I do, if I don't, at least I won't get slimed and have to deal with a fish that as pike often do, rolled in my line just to spite me for catching it. Never caught a musky, view them as a slightly larger, and much more aggressive cousin of the pike and have no interest in them, but again, IF I catch one, I do, but it won't be on purpose.

Why would you want to upgrade your tackle. (I assume perhaps you mean a heavier rod and some bigger lures.) Takes all the fun out of it. Now that said, as I have said many times in other posts over the few years that I've been a member of this forum, having been where I've been, and being able to catch them pretty much at will within 10 minutes of my door, some that size, some smaller, many larger, and a few MUCH larger, I've been spoiled. I've caught many in 1-10lb range, several in the 10-20lb range, a few in the 20-30lb range, and my PB Pike and the biggest fish I have ever caught was just under 42lbs caught at the mouth of Mosquito Creek as it enters Great Slave Lake in the NWT back in 1986 using my 7ft medium action Berkley Power Pole with a normal sized 5 of diamonds spoon.

Living in the NWT ruined the thrill of catching pike to the point that pike to me, are boring now. IF I catch one, I do, if I don't, at least I won't get slimed and have to deal with a fish that as pike often do, rolled in my line just to spite me for catching it. Never caught a musky, view them as a slightly larger, and much more aggressive cousin of the pike and have no interest in them, but again, IF I catch one, I do, but it won't be on purpose.
@Trevor M I won’t be upgrading my pike tackle anytime soon,and I feel quite confident on the pike tackle that I am using now.I was just joking about upgrading,because I have seen photo’s from other members on @stomp catching huge muskies by accident,while fishing for pike and bass around long point bay.But just now,I did buy another lead core rod & reel loaded with ten colour for walleye’s from Steve in Lambeth,and I am excited to try it out this week on Lake Erie. ? ????

@Trevor M I won’t be upgrading my pike tackle anytime soon,and I feel quite confident on the pike tackle that I am using now.I was just joking about upgrading,because I have seen photo’s from other members on @stomp catching huge muskies by accident,while fishing for pike and bass around long point bay.But just now,I did buy another lead core rod & reel loaded with ten colour for walleye’s from Steve in Lambeth,and I am excited to try it out this week on Lake Erie. ? ????

:unsure: Whatever you use for walleye should work for pike too. I figure any musky caught anywhere other than Lake St. Claire in this region is caught by accident :LOL:.

I'll be on the pier tomorrow morning hoping that a walleye finally hits my line for a change, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm hoping that the perch will cooperate and if they do, I'll be just as happy as I would be if I were to catch a walleye off the pier tomorrow, (or any time for that matter)

BUT if the perch aren't cooperating, as long as I catch something so I'm not skunked, I'll be happy with that too. If I don't catch anything to bring home, then I don't have to clean it right :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks