Frankenfish Bust

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
See http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1287931--man-sentenced-to-60-days-in-jail-90-530-in-fines-for-selling-vicious-snakehead-fish for details on yet another guy busted for selling snakehead. At least the fine was substantial. If this keeps up though it seems just a matter of time until we have another invader to deal with.

This crap will continue if they don't start really hammering these clowns. This garbage is costing tax payers millions, if not billions of dollars to cope with the mess they create every time an envading species is introduced into our lakes and rivers. In my opinion, the fine needs to much higher ($500,000) and the jail time much longer (5 years) to put a dent in this nonsense. They hand out very harsh penalties, such as below, for driving infractions why not for something as serious as introducing invasive species.If you are charged for speeding at 50 km/h over the speed limit, police will suspend your licence and impound your vehicle at the roadside. Penalties for street racing, stunt driving and driving 50 km/h or over the speed limit

Pre-conviction – Immediate 7-day licence suspension and 7-day vehicle impoundment

Upon conviction - $2,000 to $10,000 fine, 6 demerit points, up to 6 months jail, up to 2 years licence suspension for a first conviction

Second offence – Driver licence suspension up to 10 years within 10 years of first conviction

Not trying to be racial, or stereotype, but everytime one of these convictions are posted online, the guys name is hardly "pronounceable"...

They sure dont seem to care about the potential effects of their illegal activities.

DSCF3054.jpg

Permanent deportation would be a good solution and a great deterrent.The government must get the message across that these people are jeopardizing a big part of our ecology and way of life.Unlike Asia,food is not in scarce supply here so there is no acceptable reason for them to import any kind of fish that is a threat to our waterways.

I think its just educating these people,their not poor if ther from china cus poor people have no money to travel. 400 million chinese (asian)live to canadian standards,they are not poor...that country is highly technical(androids) u name it our jobs are over there now that's why we have so many welfares. Smugglers of this fish should be penalized not asians!!!!

I think its just educating these people,their not poor if ther from china cus poor people have no money to travel. 400 million chinese (asian)live to canadian standards,they are not poor...that country is highly technical(androids) u name it our jobs are over there now that's why we have so many welfares. Smugglers of this fish should be penalized not asians!!!!

This criminal should be deported back to his home country and his business should be shutdown period.Actions like this could devastate a fishery and being sorry for your crime isnt enough.

Yes Johny2 we all know how smart asians are, and yes to move to Canada and start a business you need money.
Therefor claiming ignorance is not acceptable.

There's alot more to it than just "deporting" someone. Fist of all, does this person have any status in Canada? Being born in China does not mean this individual is not a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident.

Deportations are very techincal, and not taken lightly.

Being a "natural" citizen of Canada grants us VERY special rights.
Problem is were too damn ignorant and naive to discover and use said rights and privlages.

Be well all

Stu

BillpStT...They also love to eat carp and dog in China but that doesn't mean I'm fixin' to put either on my dinner table.

I didn't write the article, I didn't prepare the fish & I thought I made it clear that it wasn't taken as good news - but it is related to the subject of this thread. I just happened to read the article around the same time the thread was started

Bill

I want to live forever...so far so good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks