Fishing nets

Question

I picked up a Lucky Stirke B-48 (extendable) rubber basket for $29.95 a little over two years ago.

The only grief I had with it was me, the first time on Erie, I tried to net a large Walleye for my neighbour and I netted the spoon instead of the fish when the basket bloomed up through the hoop, and still now, when a fish rolls in the net onboard, the hooks can/will tangle in the mesh.

Why/how is the EGO brand so superior? Curious, not debating.

I think the rubberized mesh ones may be the ones you have had issues with, I have one too and it's awful for getting hooks stuck. The solid rubber ones are pretty much tangle free. Ego makes both but I went with the solid rubber. The handles are a very good product and extend to 3 times their stowed length without being flimsy.

Extendable to 8 feet, can wash my boat with it, can also paint the house. Works with both my old Loki coated net, and my salmon net too with minor modification. Cost me $22 on special at Home hardware.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks