Fishing nets

Jetdog

Looking to purchase Ego fishing net, who carries this brand?

You may also want to check Angling Outfitters this weekend. They have their spring sale on Fri-Sat they may have the EGO nets there but I'm not 100%

@Jetdog... Ego nets are available on Amazon.ca at a much better price than Sail and will ship free to your door. Many other size selections available in PVC coated and black or clear rubber coated. Hope that's a help. :)

Ego 72056 S2 Large 22-Inch PVC Net $107.84 includes free shipping
https://www.amazon.ca/Ego-Large-19-Inch-Deep-Rubber/dp/B005Z8YA4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524228056&sr=8-1&keywords=ego+s2&th=1&psc=1

Ego 72011 S2 Compact Rubber Net $77.08 includes free shipping
https://www.amazon.ca/Ego-72011-Compact-Rubber-Net/dp/B004ZMIT5C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524227562&sr=8-3&keywords=ego+s2&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:
Should have gone to the Bass Master swap meet. Lots were there at really good prices. I have been using one of the Loki nets for 2 years now. Best net I ever used for Walleye , Salmon and Trout. Hooks never get caught and very safe for fish. Not as compact but amazing nets. Pricey though.
https://www.lokinets.com

Angling Outfitters had a couple of smaller EGO nets when I was there yesterday. They were back with all the trolling/downrigging stuff.

Didn't they use the net to help pull you back into the boat when you fell in the Detroit River??? :D
I did not fall into the Detroit River @Wave Runner . I dived in. And there was no "they", there was only the charter captain, likely fearing a lawsuit, to pull me back in the boat by the scruff of the neck and with no aid of a net. My fishing "buddy" calmly remained seated and finished his smoke while I was partially submerged over the side.

I did not fall into the Detroit River @Wave Runner . I dived in. And there was no "they", there was only the charter captain, likely fearing a lawsuit, to pull me back in the boat by the scruff of the neck and with no aid of a net. My fishing "buddy" calmly remained seated and finished his smoke while I was partially submerged over the side.

Your fishing partner could not even get their phone out to get some video
hope you have better fishing partner to film the "one that got away"

@Jetdog - I got the Large Rubber basket, standard handle #72036 but if I were to get another one I'd get the Extra Large.

Question

I picked up a Lucky Stirke B-48 (extendable) rubber basket for $29.95 a little over two years ago.

The only grief I had with it was me, the first time on Erie, I tried to net a large Walleye for my neighbour and I netted the spoon instead of the fish when the basket bloomed up through the hoop, and still now, when a fish rolls in the net onboard, the hooks can/will tangle in the mesh.

Why/how is the EGO brand so superior? Curious, not debating.

Hey I completely understand... if I fell in I would say I dived in too. :smuggrin:
I'm surprised your buddy didn't help out, he could have at least thrown you the anchor. :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks