Off Topic Fishing in Jamaica

Bottom_Bouncer

I'm heading to Runaway Bay Jamaica at the end of February til the beginning of March. I was wondering if anyone on here has fished this part of Jamaica and has any insight on local guides that you may have liked. Any help would be appreciated.

I have arranged fishing charters down south using TripAdvisor forums, usually you can get some good insight and charter recommendations on the forums. Good luck on your quest.
Regards
Ken J

I stayed in runaway bay w years ago. Fished inshore . Caught a nice barracuda and some other misc ocean fish off the rocks. I'd recommend taking a charter out for sure. Caught the barracuda on a rapala x rap.

Don't do it, i have been to JA over 25 times , last Feb for a month. Your success will be poor but they will be happy as f@*k to take your U.S. money. Local people have totally screwed there food fishery there, i don't think they understand little fish make big fish. But hey its not my vacation or $$$ so the choice is yours, just my three cents.

Reactions: Rex
I don't stay all inclusive i have did it enough that i can stay for over a month for what most folks pay for one week at the Riu in Feb. Where i stay you don't need a car rental (Negril the nicest beach on the island) , cabs are 2 buck CAN, i drink 2.50CAN Red Stripes at dive local bars instead of 5 US @ Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville. Its guaranteed wicked heat , flat seas, great sunsets, lots of weed, no language barrier and yes folks you can drink the water through out the island, i eat at only Jamaican cook shops. I will be back for two weeks in 45 more days, home for ten days and gone to Costa Rica for two weeks with a rented SUV. Winter 2021i will be in JA for 35 days during Jan/Feb. I hate snow and will never be found freezing my ass off sitting on a bucket hard water fishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do it, i have been to JA over 25 times , last Feb for a month. Your success will be poor but they will be happy as f@*k to take your U.S. money. Local people have totally screwed there food fishery there, i don't think they understand little fish make big fish. But hey its not my vacation or $$$ so the choice is yours, just my three cents.
I went myself just inshore. Had good success. First barracuda on the bass gear! Seems like alot fish there to me.

Back