fishfinder battery

wannabewalleye

I have a hummingbird fishfinder in my boat im gonna upgrade and get a iceducer for it just wondering what kinda battery do u use to make it a portable unit thxs for the info

I took two 6 volt batteries taped them together and make them a 12 volt. I ran the black wire from the fishfinder to the black terminal on one battery and the red to the red terminal on the opposite battery. Jump a wire from the the other positive to the other negative and that should give you a 12 volt battery. I used it for 2 ice seasons. More compact than a big 12 volt battery. It's kinda hard to explain on a keyboard. You could prob Google it!

KW surplus in Kitchener and Cambridge surplus sell various small rechargable batteries same as what i use in my portable humingbird as well as smaller one for mojo or spinning wing duck

not sure how much larger ones are but the smaller ones for mojo decoys are 12.99

has anyone ever tried running fish finder off of your quad battery.

It works fine, I run my chartplotter on my quad but only when I'm driving it. You want to be careful you don't run the battery down over the day, they don't have all that much capacity especially when they are cold....it sucks when bike won't start at the end of a long day.

Also, if your looking for a battery around Brantford, H&H battery & tackle at Cainsville has them.

just want to use it for navionics so bike will be running was going to try trolling but wife cant cut holes fast enough. thanks for the information

Back