Fish Finder with GPS

twodogs

I have a Lowrance Elite 5 and want to upgrade without breaking the bank. Seems like alot of choices and prices. Wha t are some suggestions on a decent unit that even an old guy can operate.

My brother just upgraded to a Hook Reveal 9 hdi. I think it's a hell of a nice unit for what he paid.

A lot of this is personal preference, but I will never go back to lowrance.
Humminbird helix 7 would be my suggestion.

The basemap is useless. Pretty much shows you where water is.

A lot of units come with Navionics us&canada

Next week Angling Outfitters are going to have a special on the Reveals I believe with AI2 transducer and Nav Chip included and I think the 9inch will be $899 but call Josh to confirm pricing.

UNITS ARE NOT IN YET!

Hook Reveal ROW units!!!
They will have a 50/200 or 83/200 HDI transducer.
AI2's do NOT work on any Hook Reveal!!!
ONLY COMING IN a 5" and 7" version... not the 9" for now!!!
NAV Mapping is an option...not included!!! NO BASE Map for North America!!
Waiting to see what they land at before we finalize the sale pricing.... but will be a great deal!!

I purchased these units for the store and just wanted to put out the correct information.

Had Lowrance, hummingbird now Simrad. I'd say they are all good and not that hard to learn. Go with best deal that includes navionics chip.. stay away from down scan side scan neat gimic for bass guys but pricey for something you won't use much. Another Lowrance might fit the existing holes and your used too them.

UNITS ARE NOT IN YET!

Hook Reveal ROW units!!!
Waiting to see what they land at before we finalize the sale pricing.... but will be a great deal!!

I purchased these units for the store and just wanted to put out the correct information.
Thanks Bosco. Will my navionics chip in the Elite 5 work in the hook reveal ?

If you are fine sticking with a 5” why upgrade? The elite is a great unit. Just not sure what you are looking by upgrading I guess since you aren’t worried about bigger screen or brand preference. That information would help I guess so we could recommend something.

if you stay with lowrance you can network the 5 to the new one with a NMEA network (not 100% sure just going by my 7” elite will). I don’t believe the reveal does NMEA or Ethernet though (older version didn’t)

UNITS ARE NOT IN YET!

Hook Reveal ROW units!!!

Thanks Bosco
Did these units arrive yet?

These units are in!!!!

Hook reveal are priced at...
5" reg 569.99 for 399.99
7" reg 849.99 for 599.99
Your choice of hdi 50/200 or hdi 83/200 transducer... which does chirp, broadband and downscan!!! Full gps as well!!!

12 of each here now!!! More coming.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks