Off Topic First World Problems…

Took last Tuesday off and finished removing and setting two posts. I had dug down to the concrete last weekend and there was about 3 inches of water in each hole 2 days later. I used my hand-operated bilge pump to suck out the muddy water. That worked pretty well. The concrete in these two was a bitch. The plug was too big to get our chain around, so it was hammer time with the sledge and the 6' pry bar. My wrists can still feel it. Eventually the Lord took mercy on us and we were able to get a chain to bite on the big chunks and jack them out. We re-hung the panels on Good Friday and 6 of 7 fit pretty well. We rebuilt the other, re-using all the fence boards. We got all this done just as the big wind ripped through. The fence stood its first test.

67174121798__406C9492-7D39-4BDD-BF11-DEF0EDED03A9.JPG

There was a lot of measuring and some math. One equation I learned follows:

1 old, broken-down fence
1650200703041.png

Equals a 💩 ton of concrete
D5951A5C-ABF3-4177-97D8-01CBA14D5429.jpeg

Equals 1 huge pain in the ass
Sheepie.png

Last edited:
Excellent @stomp , job well done, but I AM disappointed you couldn't wait until my retirement and Hunny-do list was completed. ;)🤪😁 🌻

Excellent @stomp , job well done, but I AM disappointed you couldn't wait until my retirement and Hunny-do list was completed. ;)🤪😁 🌻

Not to worry @hvyhaul, I think I have another dozen or so posts teetering on the brink of failure. Plus, I have my next DIY project lined-up... installing a French Drain to get some of that water out of my backyard. I'll have plenty for you to do. Any drainage experts out there monitoring Channel 6-8 ?

Thanks @Wave Runner . It's far from perfect, but @Mrs. Stomp has given it 👍👍, and it didn't fall down in the wind, so good enough for now.
Hey big improvement for sure over what the wind left you last time. 👍 The biggest improvement with this project though was no snow blower paddles through the neighbour's windows either. :LOL:

Hey big improvement for sure over what the wind left you last time. 👍 The biggest improvement with this project though was no snow blower paddles through the neighbour's windows either. :LOL:
@Wave Runner , you mention the neighbour... umm, they just got home on Good Friday and missed all the fun. I hope they are OK with a few hundred pounds of concrete and PT trash on their side of the fence. He did offer to pay for half, but I don't think that payment would include money for 1/2 of the close to 100 man hours it took to get it done. I also have some Preparation H expenses that might raise an eyebrow.:inpain:

@Wave Runner , you mention the neighbour... umm, they just got home on Good Friday and missed all the fun. I hope they are OK with a few hundred pounds of concrete and PT trash on their side of the fence. He did offer to pay for half, but I don't think that payment would include money for 1/2 of the close to 100 man hours it took to get it done. I also have some Preparation H expenses that might raise an eyebrow.:inpain:
Hey Bob just wait another 20 years, it really gets fun doing DIY projects. :giggle:

Since you did all the work there should be some consideration for it. Give him a bill, all he can do is say no to that part.

Couldn't you have just dug bigger holes and saved on the Prep H @stomp ? ;):eek::ROFLMAO: 🌻

Back