Fishing Report First Time

SonsOfPerchin

This morning first time trolling with boat this morning. After a late start finally got on water at 8. Not sure if was going to fast or missed the bite. First half hour managed a silver bass, 1 yellow perch and 1 walleye then got hot and nothing.

If 2.7 was off your GPS /graph you're in the ballpark. Maybe a bit slow.

I'm usually in the 3s on the Simrad to get the bottom speed I want on the Fish Hawk, depending on currents.

Getting the right lure into the right depth has always been the challenge.

its a learning curve, lots of varibles to learn, dipsey color, lure color, spoons or bodybaits, depth to fish, depth to fish at. We did well on Friday with black #1 dipseys on 3 back 55-65". calm and lots of boats likely makes the fish more spooky. The water's a lot clearer now than it was a couple of weeks ago which also makes it a tougher bite.
Likely better to get away from the pack, fish seemed scattered on Friday, any where from 35-52 fow. If you have a big enough electric try running with just that when its calm and quiet. If you only have 1 dipsey rod run another regular rod out flatlining with a 2oz inline weight and a spoon straight back 200-300'. Vary your speed between 2.5 and 3.5 on the gps till you find what's working. I find a lot of hits come on a turn when the lure speeds changing. No shortcut to time on the water and learning the game. That's how those 10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish (y)

When you're on 'em it seems easy, when your not, it's tougher. Keep changing it up til you find what works. Angling Outfitters has the best selection of what works for Erie Walleye for me locally as far as spoons and bodybaits. It's a lot of dollars to get it all at once. Start with the go to colors and lures based on posts on this forum and build from there.

Today was quite tough. We were trolling anywhere from 1.9-2.8. All our fish were caught anywhere from 45-55FOW about 40ft down. Greasy chicken wing did all the work. Went 9/10 with one monster 12lber. Definitely the toughest day of the year for me. Tight lines

This morning first time trolling with boat this morning. After a late start finally got on water at 8. Not sure if was going to fast or missed the bite. First half hour managed a silver bass, 1 yellow perch and 1 walleye then got hot and nothing.
your speed was probably ok ....we started same time as you....nothing for first hour....moved out deeper ...then had steady action until 1 pm ....but couldn't take heat.....8 colour was hot ...then ten colour took all fish last 1.5 hr

Suggestion......nite before ýou go out next....post an info share request....exchange cell phone # (PM)
Or boàt handle on marine radio....but people don't always answer or share on open channel

I did it in my learning years and still have a hand full of guys that we text info back and forth (erie& Ont) some I've never met in person.....it helps give starting point or kill the skunk in the boat.
And even the seasoned veterans can benefit as fish always move ...colour changes
Don't be afraid to ask people @ launch to exchange info also

your speed was probably ok ....we started same time as you....nothing for first hour....moved out deeper ...then had steady action until 1 pm ....but couldn't take heat.....8 colour was hot ...then ten colour took all fish last 1.5 hr
How deep did you guys go out? Heard guys over the radio but no one gave exact location. I moved out to 55Fow but still not a hot bite. We grinded from 6am till 1:30pm and Barley filled a single limit out of the 3 of us. We changed speed and lure throughout the day but could not get on a steady bite.

How deep did you guys go out? Heard guys over the radio but no one gave exact location. I moved out to 55Fow but still not a hot bite. We grinded from 6am till 1:30pm and Barley filled a single limit out of the 3 of us. We changed speed and lure throughout the day but could not get on a steady bite.
I will pm u when I get home
I was a guest on another members boat so triing sure how much info I should divulge ??until he ďoes his own post

PJ that's a good idea.
Did it today for a friend....he did ok early....but once it slowed down for him ...it just turned on for us....so I let him know what depth(deeper), speed(faster), colour (pink, purple) that was working for us....not sure how much info he used ....but sounds like he caught some more fish after pur texts....previous trips it worked other way around....

We were lines down at 630am and lines up at 9 am with a 3 man ticket in 45 to 48 feet. We were trolling at 2.7 mph which had us at 2.3 mph on the fish hawk down 40 feet on the rigger. 6 colour lead did most of the work. But we caught fish with 4 thru 7 colour. And some off the riggers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks