first time to the Bluffs no clue if i was in right area

skinny

Ok so last Sunday my boy and I got out to the Bluffs never been out there before
so we just cruised in from potahawk and hung out there kinda trolling drifting and tossing lures
got nothing
we were all over as far as different depths on weeds off weeds but nothing

On Wednesday My Dad came over when I told him I was at Bluffs he asked if I was by old log or something like that anyone know of that area

anyway would like to go out there more but looking for pointers on what areas to get into

Did you get to the tip of the bar? There is a marker can that marks the tip. It's miles past Pottahawk, not sure you were out that far or not?
The Marker can is where you should start, and fish the drop off that faces the shore, all the way up to the horseshoe, then swing back around and fish the inside dropoff that faces the lake. You will cut a huge 'U', and that is your main area you want to focus on.

Ok so last Sunday my boy and I got out to the Bluffs never been out there before
so we just cruised in from potahawk and hung out there kinda trolling drifting and tossing lures
got nothing
we were all over as far as different depths on weeds off weeds but nothing

On Wednesday My Dad came over when I told him I was at Bluffs he asked if I was by old log or something like that anyone know of that area

anyway would like to go out there more but looking for pointers on what areas to get into

@skinny your Dad is correct on the log. It is way up inside the bar laying in about 6-8 ft of water. If you make it out there this weekend look for a Green Lund PRO V or a Maxum boat. If you are trolling, don't troll along the bar. There is a weed bed that follows the bar. Stay out in the 18_20' area and if you are flat lining run back anywhere from 180-230' back. I have the best luck using solid body perch Rapalas. I have 2 or 3 of them on all the time. I don't use divers or spoons. Hope this helps for you.
I've. Been out there the last 3 weekends and the floating weeds have been terrible. So I'm hoping for good weed free weekend for some pike.

image.jpg

is this what you mean?

ok from the look of the pic I wasn't close to right area
I was on the inside little hook not on outside or near point
went by a green marker that was right by the shallow area
there was a few boats in that area so that's where I tried

If the little hook you're talking about was a sandbar, then it sounds like you were in the right place. See the maps link above.

I would say I was in around the west end buoy but stayed to the inside area there
is there good fishing there or is it more on the outside around the tip

so after looking at the map Stomp pointed to (thanks)
I wonder if me coming from Delhi and launching from old cut then running the boat out to bluffs might have been the long run
or is that pretty much the way

so after looking at the map Stomp pointed to (thanks)
I wonder if me coming from Delhi and launching from old cut then running the boat out to bluffs might have been the long run
or is that pretty much the way
I think Turkey Point might have been closer to you in Delhi.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks