First impressions of Port Bruce on crazy Canada Day

dyeing

I needed to get my boat dropped off and have Greg check it out BEFORE I bring the wife out on Lake Erie in two weeks. The last thing I want to have happen is to be broken down three kilometers from shore...and trapped on a disabled vessel with a blonde, American ex-nun. :jawdrop: At my age... I can't swim that far anymore.:(
I'm not sure how Greg was doing it but there were people and boats coming from every direction but somehow he was keeping it organised. Talked to a young girl who landed a 6 pound pickerel with a perch rod. Talk about HUGE grin!! :LOL: After dropping the boat off, we decided to do a little tour of Port Bruce. First task...finding a parking spot where we would not get tickets. Let me explain. Most of my fishing has been on Lake Simcoe where the Town of Georgina does not want outsiders cluttering up their parks and parking lots. Believe it or not... in most of the town parks up there, if you are not from the town, you will get a ticket for parking in the parking areas at the parks. NO KIDDING!!! At $30 a pop, it can be damn expensive to take a walk along the beach. We are so gun shy from Georgina that when we found a park down by the waterfront in Port Bruce... we actually looked for signs to see if we were welcome or not. No signs, so we parked and walked down to the pier. Lots of people fishing and catching so now I was disappointed that I forgot my rod. Grabbed some hot dogs at a little outdoor eatery and then walked back to the car. No Ticket. Hurray!!! Now the wife wanted to drive though town looking at the houses for sale. Damn... coming to Port Bruce could get REAL expensive!:eek:
Looking forward to spending a week at Sam and Greg's this month. See you guys down there.
PS... If you see some guy in a red life jacket swimming for shore...please stop and pick me up...and avoid the boat with the crazy woman on board!!!:whistle::whistle:

Compared to many areas along the lake Bruce properties have good value. I took a friend out a few weeks ago and stayed at the "fish shack" that Sam and Greg own and now he's looking at property there. Only a few hours from home and 3 hours less than his place north.

You will absolutely love the rental 5 STAR. Talk about good value for a rental. That type of place on the lake our way is way more but please don't tell Sam. We want to go back before there is a waiting list @NorthErieMarina.

Back