Favourite Spoon Box

Love the B&B I have and will definitely buy another especially with them being buoyant. Not sure if Joc still sells them but definitely in the market for a 2nd and have been contemplating replacing both my special mates with them as well as they're much nicer and easier to sort through
Without a doubt and after previously owning 3 Special Mate Boxes....The B&B Bait boxes are 110% the best lure storage boxes on the market! They are compact, hold a ton of lures, soft sided (no hitting your shins on the boat) and are easy to carry...absolutely love them! I now own 5 of them including one for dedicated walleye spoons and another shallow one for Ripplins & Mooneye's!!!

Last edited:
Love the B&B I have and will definitely buy another especially with them being buoyant. Not sure if Joc still sells them but definitely in the market for a 2nd and have been contemplating replacing both my special mates with them as well as they're much nicer and easier to sort through
last time I was in there was a few yet sitting in the trolling rod area!!!

Without a doubt and after previously owning 3 Special Mate Boxes....The B&B Bait boxes are 110% the best lure storage boxes on the market! They are compact, hold a ton of lures, soft sided (no hitting your shins on the boat) and are easy to carry...absolutely love them! I now own 5 of them including one for dedicated walleye spoons and another shallow one for Ripplins & Mooneye's!!!
Where do you buy them ?

Those are nice!! Where do you get them and what is the price tag on them??

Bought 2 special mate boxes this year. I find the latches to be pretty cheap. I don't expect them to last very long. Also take up a lot of space. The plano Foam spoon box is ok for small spoons not so great for larger.

Angling Outfitters....I honestly forget the price as I usually try not to remember things like that for when the wife asks me ;) haha. Call up the store and see if they still have any in stock would be the best bet
There was a joke about a fisherman close to death telling his friend: my biggest concern is that my wife will be selling my gear for what I told her its worth

Bought 2 special mate boxes this year. I find the latches to be pretty cheap. I don't expect them to last very long. Also take up a lot of space. The plano Foam spoon box is ok for small spoons not so great for larger.
Ther is a smaller alternative Spoon crank box $54 US, the guys who makes them lives across Fort Erie. Since now the US folk can cross the border he can probably bring them across. Otherwise the shipping is ridiculous.
I've made boxes similar to plano foam, they look nice but if its bumpy you d get all trebles around the spoon you want to take out into your fingers ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-152229.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-152229.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210826-152138.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-152138.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210826-152125.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-152125.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 21
I use Plano Watertight boxes. They don't hold a lot of lures, so I have 10 boxes. I store them on the boat under the front platform. The water tight means they don't get wet or rusty.Plano 3600 Series Waterproof StowAway Tackle Box Canadian Tire_20219111443.png

Back