Fanshawe Lake—Monday,January 11/21

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I took a drive yesterday to have a look at Fanshawe Lake to see wether the lake was freezing up or not,even though our winter has been quite mild so far this year.There is a sheet of ice on some spots of the lake,but also a lot of open dangerous looking spot’s as well!! On my walk out from Fanshawe Lake Conservation Park,I talked to a UTRCA Conservation officer who happened to be there & that I knew. I couldn’t believe what he was telling me is,that he saw some “brave” angler’s that he called them,out on the ice this past weekend!! After all,fanshawe lake is a reservoir with the North branch of the thames river flowing into it,& the lake level can fluctuate at any time.I have ice fished on Fanshawe Lake in the past year’s,but only when the ice was “safe” to be on!! I just thought that I would share this information,to whoever is thinking of ice fishing Fanshawe Lake soon,and you should wait!! Be Safe!! & maybe Tight Lines on fanshawe lake this winter,if there is safe ice!! Some photo’s from yesterday. 🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• 2B3846BA-6DD7-40DB-8368-8028E578ADCD.jpeg
    2B3846BA-6DD7-40DB-8368-8028E578ADCD.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 79
  • 42BE5178-AA0B-4E01-A48F-1EBAEF85BBF5.jpeg
    42BE5178-AA0B-4E01-A48F-1EBAEF85BBF5.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 74
  • F6A09DEB-BC5D-4A82-9381-B3398C7CAB53.jpeg
    F6A09DEB-BC5D-4A82-9381-B3398C7CAB53.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 82BDB9EF-5A12-45EF-8A72-E31F9A02CA26.jpeg
    82BDB9EF-5A12-45EF-8A72-E31F9A02CA26.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 6ADEFABE-0D6D-4A22-A2B8-F90A53736F8A.jpeg
    6ADEFABE-0D6D-4A22-A2B8-F90A53736F8A.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 80
With this new stay at home order I wonder if they going to try handing out fines to people fishing the river banks ??
this stay at home order might even be worse than a curfew...

With this new stay at home order I wonder if they going to try handing out fines to people fishing the river banks ??
this stay at home order might even be worse than a curfew...
I was wondering the same thing @Derkd9 are we not allowed to fish off a riverbank anymore either?? My last 3 trips out fishing off the Thames River riverbank for walleye’s this past week,I didn’t even see another angler!! Here’s hoping that we are still allowed to fish by distancing ourselves from other angler’s,even if we must wear a mask as well.

They are very vague that’s for sure
Stay at home order unless leaving for food, pharmacy, or medical appointments
You’re also aloud to leave home for exercise
Outdoor gatherings limited to 5.... wait what thought we weren’t aloud to leave home so how would we gather in 5?
I don’t know I’m confused. sick of them telling us all what to do...
I get the bigger picture. Just hard to keep listening to them contradict them selves at every corner.

Anyways I suppose fishing will be considered exercise in my books

wouldn’t want one of those hefty fines even tho I would fight it!

They are very vague that’s for sure
Stay at home order unless leaving for food, pharmacy, or medical appointments
You’re also aloud to leave home for exercise
Outdoor gatherings limited to 5.... wait what thought we weren’t aloud to leave home so how would we gather in 5?
I don’t know I’m confused. sick of them telling us all what to do...
I get the bigger picture. Just hard to keep listening to them contradict them selves at every corner.

Anyways I suppose fishing will be considered exercise in my books

wouldn’t want one of those hefty fines even tho I would fight it!
I walk our dogs all the time for excercise around our neighborhood and that is suppose to be fine.I will bring them fishing with the next time. 🐶🐶🎣😉👍🙂

I have ice fished Wildwood numerous times and do agree water levels on these reservoirs can fluctuate with weather conditions or Upper Thames's decisions on controlling lake levels and river flows. I had a good insight into the lakes conditions as I drove across the dam or back causeways 10 + times a week. Now have moved out of the area. BTW: I was the Lake Patrol Officer for one summer about 15 to 20 years ago.

I was wondering the same thing @Derkd9 are we not allowed to fish off a riverbank anymore either?? My last 3 trips out fishing off the Thames River riverbank for walleye’s this past week,I didn’t even see another angler!! Here’s hoping that we are still allowed to fish by distancing ourselves from other angler’s,even if we must wear a mask as well.
I was wondering how the stay at home order would affect my fishing as well. I wanted to try out my newly-minted "FREE" fishing license but I'll wait to get more clarification before venturing out.

And here I thought, only my wife gave 'stay at home orders'

WR

I was wondering how the stay at home order would affect my fishing as well. I wanted to try out my newly-minted "FREE" fishing license but I'll wait to get more clarification before venturing out.

And here I thought, only my wife gave 'stay at home orders'

WR
@wildeye rainbow I will do the same & wait for more clarification first.🎣😉👍🙂

Guess I’ll be staying home this weekend also. My son and myself we’re heading back to Couchiching this time. But I think heading down the road pulling a trailer loaded with a quad and a flip over hut will be an easy target for getting pulled over.

I don’t know I’m confused.

I'm a bit of a mimic, an amateur impressionist you might say. I have SEVERAL different voices (more than 5) in my head all the time. Would that make me a party of 5 all on my own?:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Plus being a former truck driver, and now being at home by myself all the time during my wife's working hours, I have a habit of talking to myself, the walls, the sleeping cat that's in another room. And YES, it's ok to talk to yourself, the walls, the sleeping cat in another room, what's not ok is when you start losing arguments with yourself, the walls, or the cat sleeping in the other room. Still feel confused @Derkd9 ;):ROFLMAO:

I'm a bit of a mimic, an amateur impressionist you might say. I have SEVERAL different voices (more than 5) in my head all the time. Would that make me a party of 5 all on my own?:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Plus being a former truck driver, and now being at home by myself all the time during my wife's working hours, I have a habit of talking to myself, the walls, the sleeping cat that's in another room. And YES, it's ok to talk to yourself, the walls, the sleeping cat in another room, what's not ok is when you start losing arguments with yourself, the walls, or the cat sleeping in the other room. Still feel confused @Derkd9 ;):ROFLMAO:
now that hockey is about to start you can talk about hockey with the cat perhaps the cat will talk back :ROFLMAO:

now that hockey is about to start you can talk about hockey with the cat perhaps the cat will talk back :ROFLMAO:
Gord, that would require me to go down the hall to the other room, and wake the cat up, and yes she does talk back, and she does watch hockey with me (y)

But...sometimes I prefer the cat to be sleeping, she doesn't get under my feet when I'm busy doing stuff I'd rather not be doing around here, or demanding rubs and/or "fresh" food when she still has a full bowl that I put out for her an hour earlier. She's very picky, and can get quite mouthy when I don't do what she demands of me. (Siamese I'm told are like that.) We used to have 2, (sisters from the same litter that my wife had from the time they were kittens which was before I showed up in her life. She named them Cleopatra and Nefertidi) but Nefertidi got very sick, very suddenly a couple years ago and to their credit they didn't try to milk us for every cent we had by giving us false hope. They told us the truth, that her situation was beyond critical and there was nothing they could do to bring her back, so we made that tough decision and had her euthanized :cry:

Attachments

• AHH bright light, and GO AWAY.jpg
    AHH bright light, and GO AWAY.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Cleopatra supervising after I woke her up while folding laundry  (1).jpg
    Cleopatra supervising after I woke her up while folding laundry (1).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Cleopatra yes I am comfortable.JPG
    Cleopatra yes I am comfortable.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks