Eyes on the lake August 2nd

Puddle Jumper

Any one able to give me a report of lake conditions

Buoy says 1.6 so 3 ' and old sailflow site I use says wind should drop after lunch.

I am hopefull ( wishfull) to get out tonight ??

As I am holidays this week and not sure if weeks forecast will allow me to get out ??

I originally planned on Burwell today, but later than normal.

Unfortunately conditions changed for the worse and those in another boat decided not to travel down and then after a call, I made the same decision.

To me, Friday looks like a good possibility, but today is only Tuesday and we all know how quickly things go South. 🌻

This afternoon -- from windy : W 9kts, with a .3m wave -- 2 second period between peaks. Choppy but fishable for 16 foot boats or larger. Glasgow or Stanley for smaller waves.

The late afternoon looks not too bad today for a evening of fishing. But,I will wait it out instead for now today for some Lake Erie fishing.Here’s hoping for better weather conditions through this week,especially for lighter winds!! 🌊🌊🤢🤮 lol 😆 😉🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

This afternoon -- from windy : W 9kts, with a .3m wave -- 2 second period between peaks. Choppy but fishable for 16 foot boats or larger. Glasgow or Stanley for smaller waves.
That sounds promising @BayRunner16 👍🚤🎣🐟 Be Safe & Tight Lines if you do decide to go out on Lake Erie fishing today. 👍👍🙂

If Stanley doesn’t lay down I’ll likely launch from Glasgow this afternoon
It’s nice to be close to Lake Erie for you @Derkd9 to have two boat ramp’s close to your home. Tight lines and Fish ON!! if you do get out fishing late this afternoon. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

It's an offshore wind guys. Don't be fooled. Shoreline cameras don't tell the full story.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 10.35.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 10.35.19 AM.png
    825.6 KB · Views: 16
It's a NW wind at 15-17km/hr with gusts in the high 20's. I could be sitting on the pier right now and I wouldn't be overly concerned about the wave action, but that's sitting on the pier. Further out in the lake it's bound to be a lil bumpier.

But, I'm not and I'm not sure if I will be or not. I haven't been informed what, if anything, we're going to be doing today since my wife, who is on vacation this week, hasn't decided yet, or she has, but just hasn't told me yet 🤷‍♂️. Waiting to hear those magic words I may or may not hear today :ROFLMAO:.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks