Evening fish.

Kevin4b

I'm working construction out of town and looking for something to do. I've fished long point and st Williams before. Is the fishing any good if you can only start at 4 pm. ? If so any pointers much appreciated. Thanks

The days are still pretty short , I've had some luck heading out at that time but not until late February or early march when the sun is up a little longer, I'm hoping this ice sticks around that long

The days are still pretty short , I've had some luck heading out at that time but not until late February or early march when the sun is up a little longer, I'm hoping this ice sticks around that long
Me too then I hope it warms up for some open water fishing. I've gotten good numbers fishing Erie in the early summer. Where would you recommend a fella try going if he only has limited time in the evening? I've got navionics and I'm trying to do some scouting so I can find some good ice for the short evening prime time.

I prefer old cut over st. willys but everybody prob have a different answer to that , if you got limited time after work deer creek might be worth checking out , not sure what people are catching there but it looks like people been fishing it

I have had good luck fishing the evening just not tonight :). I went out this afternoon for a couple of hours leaving at 4:00. Only saw and caught a few small ones. I was fishing to the east on this side of the pressure crack. TC

I'm not 100% positive ...but I don't think perch feed to much ..if at all after dark.....Best bite is just before sundown...so they say...

Ive noticed over the past cpl times as soon as we cant see down the hole thats it. Its too bad because we made sleeping bunks in the hut we built. But if theres no fish after 5pm, Iam going home to sleep.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm looking forward to getting a few. I'll post some pics of my catch. Well hopefully cheers

Deer creek can be a fun "quick" trip. Perch, pike and lots of other out of season fish in there. I'm not sure where there's legal parking/access. I aways risk parking at the side of the road.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks