elbow

erie feeln

if weather man is rite tomorrow is a good day to hit elbow has anybody been out anywhere bruce burwell etc

I am likely heading out there as well, good luck. There was a report last week that said there was some success out there.

I will be out there tomorrow... in the Grady-White. Wave... especially if I am coming right at you! ;) I blame the kids for my erratic trolling patterns.

If I was going to the elbow tomorrow where would be the best to launch from ? I may have gotten out of some stuff:whistle:(y)

Depends... I had luck last week closer to Dover so a launch near there would be good if you are fishing that side. I go out of Turkey Point but my boat lives there.

we went on Thursday morning.Started near elbow , got a nice eye real quick. picked up a few more. ended with seven. 1 double header other than that it was scattered. Black and gold body bait on 5 colors. Hope to get out again Sun and Monday with this great looking weather forecast.

A buddy of mine got out there yesterday. Got all setup to go and then went dead in the water. Blew the drive coupling and had to be towed back to the Old Cut. It took them just over 2 hrs with another buddy using his 30' Monteray to tow a 24' Bayliner

R waiting on the gas guy to come change the meter :mad:
maybe tomorrow morning if I can sweet talk the wife :sneaky:
good luck out there guys(y)

Blew my coupler two weeks ago. Engine mounts rattled loose. Lost alignment and blew. Quoted about 750 at proctors

my wife and I got out at 9am got set up in 60ft nothing then moved to 80ft she smoked a 8lbs laker on greasy chicken lol then silver bass showd up not popping riggers ended with 3 then she got a 6lbs wally in 60ft she really kick my a:poop::poop: then wind started to pick up so we headed back in wanna go tomorrow does anyone know wind or might it be same as today all in all great day WHISKEY TIME WOOOOOOOOO(y)(y)

the forecasts call for light winds. should be a beauty next couple of days. sailflow predicts 10k or less. were going out after lunch.
A laker eh. how far down did u get him @erie feeln . In Lake O they are always near bottom.

Everything was caught between 48 and 52 feet. Going out tomorrow with my dad...wife wants a "pool" day :oops:

I'll have to send 1 line down deeper tomorrow. Haven't caught A laker in Erie before. We caught all our fish higher up so far. Good luck tomorrow!

I was out there today by about 11am (kids slept in) -- got all set up and then got 2 that were around 5 lbs on a worm harness on lead core around 150ft back. A big angry 8lber took a real target body bait off the down rigger. It didn't pop up on the release. Just starting pulling line. Angry fish. My wife reeled it and then we pulled up for the beach as per kids instructions. I had a 3 fish limit. Took 2.5 hrs.

Edit: 50-65 ft of water. 2 were in 50's and the angry one in 65 ft.

Change of plans taking to little lads so im headed to hastings for some DWP the young fellows probaly be better off there then draging long lines for walleye

Hey swingman, nice meeting you today at Hoovers...hope you do better than I did. You saw what we got. LOL. Be careful of a net that was just dumped by a troller right in front of the stacks...my dad caught part of the net and lost one lure but I was able to save the other one.
Had two knockoffs, lost a walleye at the boat, one in the box and one frustrated dad. :cry:

Got out Saturday and got a 9 # Walleye on chartreuse and orange body bait. Lost another decent Walleye as it "seemed tired" :) trying to horse it in the last 50' and a few Silvers as well- most were from 30-40' down in 60-70' of water, the 9# was on a medium Dipsey 200' back, all the Silvers and lost Walleye were from a green and black Bomber. Sunday went out and got a nice 10# Brown on bright orange and black bomber about 20' down, worked up higher and lower in the water column in the same depths but the Brown was the only taker.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks