elbow pic's

hydrasport

Came out of Nanticoke Saturday. Into 70 ftw and fish hit the first rod I put down around 7am. Wasn't fast and furious after that but ended up with 6 pic's all around the 5-6 lb mark. Purple was the colour and body baits over spoons. 3 off the boards and 3 off the riggers down 40' over 70ftw. Had the leadcore out too but went 0 for 4 on dipsy/spoon combo's. Released one laker that went 10 lbs and lots of silvers. Best part of the day....no sheep!

Hydasport

Similar for us on Sunday, trolled 9am-1pm and landed 4 eyes all around 8 lbs but we stayed a bit shallower in 57-65 fow. Took 2 on 8 colour leadcore with blueberry muffin spoon, one on 7 colour with riplin redfin, one on rigger with greasy chicken. Lost two more and two bows. Eye's were down in the 40-50 foot range. I haven't fished the Elbow for a few years but it's close to home and producing pretty good again so it's a nice quick trip out and back. Bugs were brutal but we survived as usual.

Last edited:
We were also out at the elbow today but unfortunately little luck. Second time out but only caught a 5.5lb rainbow and a bunch of silvers. Would like to have got into some pics but no luck. What kind of speeds are u guys running? Also we are running #1 dipsys with O ring on. If I want to get to 45ft down how much line do u think I need to let out. According to dipsy troller app at 3 setting it is 115 ft. Is that close??? Could not understand what we were doing wrong. We trolled from 7am to 1 pm with no pickeral. Tons of bugs. Marked tons of fish approx 45 to 55 ft down. Any advice would help

We were running 2.4 - 2.8 mph. Dipsy line out sounds about right, 120 feet or so should work. Are your dipsy reel spools completely full? If not your line counter will be waaaay out of whack.....

yes they look pretty full to me. Like I said tried everything but nothing would seem to work. Very frustrating.

yes they look pretty full to me. Like I said tried everything but nothing would seem to work. Very frustrating.
Try spooling out 100 feet on your line counter out in your yard or somewhere and measure the actual line out to see if you're in the ballpark or not. Sounds like everything else is being done okay so I'm really thinking maybe the line out length may be a problem. Even at 80% fill your line counter can be off quite a bit and make things not work so well.

Back