Elbow Monday August 5th

pins_cj

With some great coaching from 10-7; Waterboy and myself headed out for our maiden voyage to the Elbow. Boy; we weren't disappointed! Hit the Elbow, were fishing around 7:00am and loved every minute of it.

Unfortunately; our report will not be as useful as we hoped it would be! The only thing that was consistant about the day; was the inconsistancy of what and how they were hitting! We fished in 70'-90' of water all day and ran a wide assortment of presentations. We ran lead core with body baits; lead core with spoons; dipsys with spoons; dipsys with worm harnesses and even jet divers with the spoons! Funny thing is; we hit on all the above!

Started the day immediately with a 9 lb 6 oz walleye in 72' on the dipsey / spoon and ended the day with personal best 11 lb 10 oz bow on a dipsey / spoon!

Ultimately; we missed a couple of hits off the leadcore but filled the box with 4x walleyes; 3x bows and 3x white bass!

Can't wait to do it again and thanks again to 10-7 for the heads up!

Pin

IMG00559-20130805-1604.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.....Pin that is a fantastic report. I think I may need tips from you. lol Great day for you. I am glad things worked out. That is great results for out there. Good to see the new boat is bringing in the fish. lol

Stay in touch

Scott

Thanks boys!

Forgot to mention we caught the 6lb bow on guess what....................a worm harness!!!!

Crazy day and looking forward to getting out there again!

Talk soon.

Hello All,

I was also out at the Elbow. Got there around 12:30pm. Got 2 Bow's each just over 10lbs. Downriggers and spoons at 55-60 in 85 FOW. Trolling at about 2.8-3.0mph. Can't get anything to bite on my Dipsey's...any advice? And I'd love to bring up a walleye but didn't get any of those either. Any advice on that?Rainbows.jpeg

Back