East Wind?

LadyInRed

Anyone ever have success fishing in an east wind? Personally, I find the bite shuts down and I don't even bother going out anymore when it's blowing from the east. I know it has more to do with barometric pressure and that the east wind usually brings changing weather, but it seems to me to be a reliable indicator of bad fishing.

So today there was a brisk east wind and I decided not to go sit on the pier to fish the derby. I never catch ANYTHING off the pier in an east wind. And of course I just heard that someone caught a $1000 tagged perch a couple of hours ago. WTH? LOL

Wind from the west, Fishing's the Best. Winds from the East, Fishing's the least. I still go out with an east wind, but I do usually find it slower.

fished PB pier today white perch and some nice cats no yellow yoday but managed3 last wed.won't be long.hello Hockeydad.

I fished off the pier for a few hours this morning. Caught some cats off the end along the scum line. Lots of cats caught there today, not a perch to be had though.As soon as that wind shifted to the east, even the cats shut down.

Even though they weren't terribly big, they do put up a decent fight and they grunt when they are mad LOL. Better than getting skunked.

551539_10151333580406148_1204331142_n.jpg

was out with 2 buds today in that east wind----fricking cold coming off the lake

no fish were harmed

..packrat..were you fishing the bay ?.we got some nice ones at ec 10 around 3 pm....RF....

Back