DWP Advice

B

Big Dave

Since yesterday I have had over a dozen texts, emails and PMs.

Everyone wants to know where the perch are.:cool:

They are on the Clear Creek Ridge. :)

This ridge runs from Clear Creek to the Penn shore and back to Long Point. It has many different structure and bottom compositions. The perch are spread all over it in huge schools and in different depths. I have a dozen or so spots I like to fish and work them different times of the year.

There is no ONE spot for these fish.

Preparation and proper equipment are the key. Proper rods, line, weight, anchor and anchor line, good bait.

Get on a spot and wait for them, don't THROW your anchor, (I had a guy 2 weeks ago pull up 75' from me and throw his anchor in):rolleyes: don't beat things around in your boat, these fish will spook.

Don't motor into a pack at speed, give everyone out there some room. I run 250' of anchor rope.

There are tons of fish for everyone.

Remember to be sure your boat is up to the task, it is 16 miles to Burwell by water and there is no where to beach your boat along that stretch, it is all clay cliffs. The access off Long Point has become more limited with recent parking restrictions.

I have learned quite a bit, but there is still tons more to learn. There are hundreds of different spots to fish out there.

I promise I wont follow the pack but if I pull up on numbers I have been fishing for a while and there are boats there. I will fish my numbers:) I have had guys motor by me and mark the exact spot in their GPS to come back the next day and have them sitting right there:( I move and still get my fish:D

Good Luck and enjoy this weekend.

BD

PS I find them deep right now. 50+ feet(y)

I know someone will find controversy in my post and take offence, while there are some personal "don'ts", there is a lot of it is sound advice too:), and if you already knew it all, you didn't have to read this:D

Be safe, be smart

Lots of minnows around, I get mine in St Williams. Big scoops

I am sure Old Cut has them too:D

PS Nice to see u read my posts too:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

image.jpg

is this the general idea??
thanks for the advice and help.

Great post Big Dave,
This is what I call generous help to all. Weather should be great...lets go get some fish....let Big Dave have his space though....it is business for him after all...plenty of area and perch for everyone.
See you out there and good luck.

P.S. You may not want to get to close to him anyways. With so many rods used by his clients all perch will go under his boat anyways. May as well just stay away ;-)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

This ridge runs from Clear Creek to the Penn shore and back to Long Point. It has many different structure and bottom compositions. The perch are spread all over it in huge schools and in different depths.

Have you taken up scuba diving in your free time?

This ridge runs from Clear Creek to the Penn shore and back to Long Point. It has many different structure and bottom compositions. The perch are spread all over it in huge schools and in different depths.

Have you taken up scuba diving in your free time?

:confused:?

Have you taken up fishing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignore it BD......unbelievable........ Every time someone tries to be helpful, someone has a smart-ass comment to make. The world is full of armchair critics. No doubt in my mind your description of the area is accurate.
Stay calm, keep fishing

good post BD---know you've mentioned the ridge before

the map was just the icing for those interested in these things

good post BD---know you've mentioned the ridge before

the map was just the icing for those interested in these things
I am glad he posted it. I didn't know how:(

It lets everyone know there is a lot more area to fish than BD-1:ROFLMAO:

U will have to come out one day next season @packrat. I am sure your stories would be payment enough..:D...

there more to fishing then just heading out in the boat and stabbing at what you think might be, there so many resources on the net theese days . if you research and utilize whats avaible to you on the net you just might find that honey hole from what info you find out here . like the ridge BD is talking about, the americans have been fishing perch in 40-60 ft of water for years, seems to be a newer thing to us on this side of the lake. but i have been working a few spots close to nanticoke i am hoping are going to produce in the same structure and ways dave is fishing but time will tell.

and great report dave way to share info!

Great post Dave very helpful right down to the equipment.I hope tomorrow you don,t break out the scuba gear you would scare all the perch down to Port Bruce LOL.I shall see you in the morning with my water prizm and spiderman poleo_O:rolleyes: we shall find those perch(y). All one really needs to know is structure holds fish, technique is some of the equation and some luck does not hurt:). All that and i only have half a degree in fishing.:confused::confused:

Great post Dave very helpful right down to the equipment.I hope tomorrow you don,t break out the scuba gear you would scare all the perch down to Port Bruce LOL.I shall see you in the morning with my water prizm and spiderman poleo_O:rolleyes: we shall find those perch(y). All one really needs to know is structure holds fish, technique is some of the equation and some luck does not hurt:). All that and i only have half a degree in fishing.:confused::confused:
Hmm.. @Big Dave in scuba gear... that would take some pile of Neoprene!:wideyed: . @tailfeathers, I think we can safely say that no one hopes to see this tomorrow, including the perch. Kind of like my spandex beachwear...

As always Big Dave thanks for the tips and dont let anyones negative comments bring ya down.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks