Downrigging weights

I bought a 10lbs POW in green from Natural Sports in Kitchener at the end of the season. Can't wait to try it out this spring. I have old big jon's rated for max 12lbs. I can only find 10 or 13 lbs weights in POW. 13lbs would have been better but don't want to risk burning out the motor. Do they sell 12lbs POW at Anglers Outfitters?

Ive run sharks and POW‘s both do a decent job - black is our preferred....Speaking of downrigger weights 10# and above, ive been contemplating grabbing scotty downrigger weight snubbers. Just nervous hanging these expensive weights from a rubber bungee. Anyone have any pros or cons they could share? thanks
Instead of the Scotty Snubbers try running the Scotty Braided SureStop. Works way better and has just enough stretch!

Thanks Ryan. I saw on Facebook the other day that they purchased Titan cannon balls. I know titans are smooth sided where where POW’s are not. Any preference in this?
Yes, Titans are smooth and the POW's are flatter with large dimples! I used to run sharks..they work great but I just can not support a company like theirs anymore! The Titan's I run are the 18lbs and black and mainly run them for Kings on Lake Ontario. I have a set of 10lbs Black POW for Erie and the spring LakeO bite. I also picked up a set of 6Lbs purple for when I run BOQ in the fall (I have a thing for purple there but in reality black would be great too). I personally am not a fan of the chrome or bright colours BUT that being said, many others like them a lot!

Yes, Titans are smooth and the POW's are flatter with large dimples! I used to run sharks..they work great but I just can not support a company like theirs anymore! The Titan's I run are the 18lbs and black and mainly run them for Kings on Lake Ontario. I have a set of 10lbs Black POW for Erie and the spring LakeO bite. I also picked up a set of 6Lbs purple for when I run BOQ in the fall (I have a thing for purple there but in reality black would be great too). I personally am not a fan of the chrome or bright colours BUT that being said, many others like them a lot!
This may be opening another can of worms but what is wrong with the shark company? I’m all about supporting local so I’d likely go POW or Titan but what did sharks do?

RyTek- great idea, will check that out. Just trying to reduce some of the sudden stop bounce on the riggers. So this may achieve that. Thanks again for the idea.
You will really like them! Being able to ditch the beads for the autostop of the SureStop is great and the heavy braid (its probably 1/8" in diameter) and it works great for holding onto when when reaching and grabbing the cannon balls too!

Back