Downrigging clip question

HTHM

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I was out today and having just switched to mono on my downrigging rods, I am finding that the releases on the cannonballs do not release. I was towing my catches rather than fighting my catches. I had a monster sheepshead on the line at the end of the day, ~10 pounds I estimate, and even that did not trigger the release. What am I doing wrong?

Yes, however when I try that as I am lowering the ball, it releases and I have to start the whole process over again. Very frustrating.

Spring clamps. Jaws open when you compress the sides and then close on to the line.

wet the clips first,then try 1/3rd then more as y need to ,I find scotties work the best,heading out next week ,if u need another lesson:D

wet the clips first,then try 1/3rd then more as y need to ,I find scotties work the best,heading out next week ,if u need another lesson:D
What days? It depends on my work schedule.

Hthm,
I have always used rubber bands on my riggers.
An item called band buster goes on your rigger cable, it is just a hook made of wire and plastic. You can buy bands at any stationary store, so it is easy to use lighter bands for the soft hitting fish species ,or heavier bands for fish like salmon and trout.
They also work on your planer boards with curtain rod hooks.

Mike

Walker releases are the bomb, tried them all and these work for all fish I find. They release when whitties and perch hit as long as the setting is correct. i have not touched my setting on these for two years now and still working as they should.

Back