Dove Hunt

paddle maker

Got out for a couple hours today. I know I am not a sharp shooter, but those little guys really teach you humility. BBs through a full choke don't help. But even so with the amount of missed shots a meal of doves is worth a small fortune. Tomorrow I'll try again with number 2 and a 16 gauge double, with only 1 full choke barrel. The old 870 gets heavy walking fields after a while. Good Luck all. Have fun hopefully you all shoot better than me!

There just isn't enough pellets in the pattern of 2 or bb to be effective on doves.
Don't they use target loads down south?

Yes but I do recall when dove opened last year that people were finding 6, 7 size shot in steel.

Non toxic. Number 6 in 1f gauge is really rare. Elis offered to order in some but Icou not afford a case, as I only use a box a year. Maybe next year.

We will slowly start to see more on the shelves I would think
That said suppliers should have anticipated it this year with how quick dove load sold last year
Find a few guys if you can who will go in on a flat with you and divi it up
But maybe don't go to elis. They're as likely to sell your flat as they are to forget to order it. (Bad experiences there )

Bass Pro has 12g -2 3/4 - #7 steel shot for $29 for 4 boxes.
Good price and the #7 make it a little easier to hit them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks