Off Topic Dipsy Divers

whitbytrader

For those who use Dipsy Divers on Erie, do I need #0 or #1? Recommended colors?
Thanks
Phil

I use #1s with braid. All my dipsys are fire tiger coloring witch seems to work really well for me.

braid as main line , or braid from dipsys to the lure ?
just curious , I use braid as main line and mono to lure with snubber

How much flouro most of you guys been running after the dipsy as I'm kinda curious.
I've been using 4 feet and seems to work but may go the length of the rod on each one

I use 40 braid with 8 feet of 20 lb. fluorocarbon leader with no snubber. I find snubbers give far too much, there's enough give in the floro and I get more solid hook-ups.

Agreed that snubber isn’t required . Think I’m gonna try a snubber at the ball though , might see smaller fish pulling. What you guys think ?

Last week when I was out I found I could elastics but they where old and brittle , think ill try a snubber off the ball followed by the clip. Have a blacks release on one rigger but I got to set the tension in the driveway before I go out this weekend.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks