Detroit River

fishlessam

Anyone fishing the Detroit river yet or is it too early?

Was there today, water was 42 to 44 F by the end of the day. We got close to could not get a three man limit with a couple of fish released being way too small and some fish lost.. The water clarity was poor at the Canadian side close to shore, it was excellent towards middle of the river and clear at the US side. Mostly resident fish and not a lot of it. The weather was great till noon then a storng wind started. Still was great to be out;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313-221620.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313-221620.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 57
Any boat launch suggestions guys?

Great looking catch @Centerspin . I agree with your comment about just being so nice to get out. Fishing fever is alive and well in me and I'm looking forward to getting out on the water!

I ve heard the downtown launch is closed till mid April. We launched from laSalle. The river is low and there's just over 3ft for quite a distance from the launch. Also the red and green buoys in front of the launch are not installed yet, just head straight till you hit a good depth.
Thx for the kind words guys.

Thanks @Centerspin . I'll have to check it out sometime...when I have some time....lol In the meantime I'll just look at the pictures of your catch to get my fishing fix! lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks