Detroit River

bigred

Fished mid river just north of fighting island yesterday in the mud and struggled to catch 2 fish. Could not find any cleaner water than about 8-12” visibility. Was just wondering if anyone is down today and could give an update on clarity as I’d like to make it down again tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

My senior fishing buddy was there yesterday. Not very good and tough trip, very dirty water, 1.5-2 ft visibility, caught 7, lost 5.

Yes I talked to lots of boats that were skunked or only caught a couple yesterday. Any idea what area of the river they were fishing as mid river wasn’t even that much visibility. We fished early afternoon till evening by the way and was getting slightly better when we left.

It's tough going with a closed border. The nice thing about criss crossing is the ability to fish clean water on the US side when our side is blown up, which happens pretty often. Bummer about the trip, hope you hit it next time. My first trip is probably going to be the week of the 12th. Hoping for good water and nice weather!

It's tough going with a closed border. The nice thing about criss crossing is the ability to fish clean water on the US side when our side is blown up, which happens pretty often. Bummer about the trip, hope you hit it next time. My first trip is probably going to be the week of the 12th. Hoping for good water and nice weather!
Yes usually I have my American license and do cross often but sucks not being able to now especially with water the way it is. All the best on your first trip. I will be sure to post results of tomorrow’s trip once I back.

Did not improve today, only at the marina water was cleaner. Wind was building up, we tried early for 2 hrs and then called it quit with no bites at all. Friday we managed 6 and one oos bass.

Thanks for the updates. Where about a on the River were you centerspin? Unfortunately already have a couple buddies ready for tomorrow so will probably see if we can catch them in the mud I guess.

The river will clear up quicker at the top end but I wouldn't count on it being a lot better by tomorrow...Im thinking Tuesday

With Detroit river, is it the wind, the rain or lake St Clair that muddies it up the most? I see lake St Clair had changed a lot over the last 7 days on Modis.

With Detroit river, is it the wind, the rain or lake St Clair that muddies it up the most? I see lake St Clair had changed a lot over the last 7 days on Modis.
All of the above. St Clair gets muddy from wind or runoff from the Thames and that water tends to funnel down the Canadian side of the river. The clear, cold water from the st Clair River kind of follows the shipping channel down through lake st Clair and into the US side of the river. The clarity and temperature difference are quite evident a lot of the time especially on Modis. I think the two streams tend to get mixed up a lot by the time you get down to LaSalle but in the upper river they are very distinctly different.

1617494795264.png

Last edited:
We fished up at the top end of the river yesterday around peche island and down river a mile from there and got a 4 man limit. Pimp daddy finn s minnows with meat worked well for us. Good luck, water visibility was still dirty there too but we caught fish.

We fished up at the top end of the river yesterday around peche island and down river a mile from there and got a 4 man limit. Pimp daddy finn s minnows with meat worked well for us. Good luck, water visibility was still dirty there too but we caught fish.
That's encouraging, maybe my Tuesday plan is okay....

I got out today and managed a 3 man limit mid river. Water was much cleaner than Friday. Early bite was good then seemed to slow down mid morning. Ended up moving up river about half way to the bridge from fighting island to finish off our limits. Bite was much better further up where we found water a couple degrees warmer. Hope this helps for your Tuesday plans g mech.

I got out today and managed a 3 man limit mid river. Water was much cleaner than Friday. Early bite was good then seemed to slow down mid morning. Ended up moving up river about half way to the bridge from fighting island to finish off our limits. Bite was much better further up where we found water a couple degrees warmer. Hope this helps for your Tuesday plans g mech.
My Tuesday plans have now become Wednesday plans...somehow life gets in the way from time to time. Thanks for the info, I'll post when I get back.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks