Detroit river tomorrow

Rubicon

I'm heading to the D tomorrow. First time. Any advice.
......does anybody troll at the mouth where the D enters Lake Erie. Or is it strictly jigging......also does anyone troll colchester area at this time. Lots of anglers on US side troll the reefs. Wondering if the same is true for Canadian side.

Not too many troll colchester yet.. I'm sure there are fish there though. Occasional eye is being caught there by perch fisherman.
For the D,, 3/4 or 1oz jig heads if you are a first timer, chartreuse, black, orange, antifreeze. Black rubber has been very good this year, either in worms or finesse fish(bait shops in Windsor will have everything you need). Minnows are helping considerably, stinger hooks are a must. Main objective is too keep your line vertical(electric troll motor is a must), hi-vis powerpro or fireline with a 3' mono leader at the jig will up your catch rates significantly. Your going too lose jigs, and you are going too have too work to stay vertical. Fishing the river isn't as easy as a lot of first timers from out of the area think it's going to be, and it can be humbling when the guy in the boat next to you Is banging away at them and you aren't getting hits. 12" lifts, keep a tight line on the drop,, if something feels weird or bottom isn't where it's supposed to be, ,,set the hook!

Ramps are going to be an absolute zoo Friday,, be prepared too wait and have your boat ready too launch before your backing up at the ramp.

Good luck

Yah I'm expecting that. We won't arrive until the afternoon. staying a couple days. Always wanted to try it.

Ramps are going to be an absolute zoo Friday,, be prepared too wait and have your boat ready too launch before your backing up at the ramp.

Good luck
@Chipper1 when we were there Wednesday, there was an OPP marine training going on. When we were pulling out they were just leaving and they missed some excitement.
The ramp wasn't busy, but one single guy (Lund)had his boat in and was about to head out for fishing while another guy (4 of them in a bass boat) was backing in to launch his boat. But he was still dry docked yet and not even touching the water. The guy got out his Lund and started throwing the f bombs. We stood there watching and was wondering WTF is this guys problem. We didn't think the bass boat was doing anything wrong:confused:. Brave guy to confront 4 other guys that dam near escalated to a fist fight. It was quite the Sh*# show that probably lasted a good 10-15 mins.

The only lesson I got out this was how to put the F bomb so many times in a sentence:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IMG_6904.JPG
@Chipper1 when we were there Wednesday, there was an OPP marine training going on. When we were pulling out they were just leaving and they missed some excitement.
The ramp wasn't busy, but one single guy (Lund)had his boat in and was about to head out for fishing while another guy (4 of them in a bass boat) was backing in to launch his boat. But he was still dry docked yet and not even touching the water. The guy got out his Lund and started throwing the f bombs. We stood there watching and was wondering WTF is this guys problem. We didn't think the bass boat was doing anything wrong:confused:. Brave guy to confront 4 other guys that dam near escalated to a fist fight. It was quite the Sh*# show that probably lasted a good 10-15 mins.

The only lesson I got out this was how to put the F bomb so many times in a sentence:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
One of many reasons why I don't Fish down there.Who needs that when all you want to do is have a FUN Day out to catch some Fish!! Fishing to me is all about Space and a Peaceful Day on the water. Tight Lines & Enjoy!!

Lol.. one ramp is in and and one ramp is out so....

River is pretty much blown out from shore to shore again. We did manage 3 this morning, 1 hen dropping eggs and 2 males, that was really early and all with in 30 yards and one minute. We got lucky everyone else we talked too were skunked.

we talked about filming the "rampage" for 6-8 members but feared being dragged in...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks